Drop them here!

Conversation 15 comments

• hrlngrv

Premium Member
    05 October, 2017 - 5:24 pm

<p>Will Edge for Android and iOS be usable as PDF and eBook readers?</p>

• Averroda

05 October, 2017 - 5:42 pm

<p>Hey Brad, </p><p><br></p><p>Q1/ An article came out that HP was very upset with Microsoft killing W10M. With the continued support from HP and the Elite X3 and other OEMs still supporting W10M do you believe there is an upgrade path from W10M feature2 to the new mobile OS running Windows 10 core. Also if not do you think there should be to keep OEM support?</p><p><br></p><p>Q2/ Windows central spike months ago about an OEM that planned to create a Windows wearable device. They didn’t know the OEM but only said they were well known in the watch department. Did you ever hear of this and if so do you know which OEM they were talking about?</p><p><br></p><p>#RIPGrooveMusicPass</p>

• Tourniquet

06 October, 2017 - 8:25 am

<blockquote><a href="#204164"><em>In reply to Averroda:</em></a></blockquote><p><br></p><p>The even bigger question is: Why would HP be upset at all?</p><p><br></p><p> If 'Windows Core OS' can be run on Phones, HP could just release a new Version of the Elite X3 with a newer processor, running the new system next year. But instead they officially complain about MSFT, which leads me to believe that Windows 10 Core OS is NOT coming to Phone devices at all. </p><p><br></p><p>If MSFT wants to release Windows Core OS next year, partners would need to test their devices already.</p>

• Rycott

Premium Member
    05 October, 2017 - 8:58 pm

<p>Any idea of the future of the actual Groove app, especially on non Windows platforms, now that the music pass is gone?</p><p><br></p><p>I use Groove on Android and Windows as I don't stream music and just play my collection from OneDrive. It makes it super easy to keep my music and playlists up to date between devices.</p>

• jlv632

05 October, 2017 - 9:01 pm

<p>Hi Brad,</p><p><br></p><p>Overlooking the recent Groove news this week, Is the old Saying "Silence is deafing" ever been more true with Microsoft Movies and TV?</p><p><br></p><p>I'm not a huge Disney movie fan (nor American) so the loss of that feature is not relevant. However, the recent Apple announcement that their users are getting a free 4K Upgrade and no one else (Including Microsoft) following suit… is the service doomed?</p><p><br></p><p>If it were a truly competitive area for Microsoft, they should have matched this overnight ASAP. When comparing the movies and the Microsoft offering missing the "iTunes Exclusive" content for generally the same money, any leg up that Microsoft could/should do seems like a no brainer.</p><p><br></p><p>If Microsoft were tomorrow to kill off Movies and TV, can you see how they would do it? Movies are DRM encoded so it's not like music where it can live on your purchases can OneDrive. I can't see a way that it could survive unless it merged with another service like Amazon, Ultraviolet or… gulp… iTunes.</p>

• DaQuantumFro

05 October, 2017 - 9:13 pm

<p>So I'm trying not to be THAT guy on the internet but I do have to ask outside of developers, productivity workers, IT, and gamers who needs Windows? Also is Microsoft concerned at all with how their recent choices look to potential customers or is their share so small it doesn't matter?</p>

• jimchamplin

Premium Member
    05 October, 2017 - 10:31 pm

<p>Is anyone having issues with iOS Edge beta? https://www.thurrott.com/forums/microsoft/mobile/thread/edge-ios-beta-help</p><p><br></p><p>I help here…</p><p><br></p><p>I've also posted several in-depth howtos on more esoteric tasks to help users wanting to do advanced Windows tricks.</p>

• Rahul Naskar

06 October, 2017 - 1:01 am

<p>With every MS apps continue to come to other platforms what is the potential of WINCORE OS? How MS will Differentiate? </p>

• ooklah

06 October, 2017 - 1:03 am

<p>Hi Brad,</p><p><br></p><p>Do you think its possible that Disney decided to pull Movies &amp; TV support because they had inside information from MS about them killing off Groove and/or Movies &amp; TV (eventually) or am I just seeing a coincidence and reading too much in to it? </p><p><br></p>

• Simonshu

06 October, 2017 - 2:45 am

<p>if Edge coming to iOS and Android as an app and constantly getting new updates and features, will Edge on Windows 10 PC will become an app soon? Cause Edge on PC only get new feature on OS update</p>

• christoph_fer

06 October, 2017 - 2:53 am

<p>Can we expect Microsoft to add live tiles like UI on Microsoft Launcher? Or maybe even an Android phone with a custom skin on it featuring Windows / Fluent UI and other general Microsoft services on it?</p>

• ponsaelius

06 October, 2017 - 3:51 am

<p>Approximately how many people will be using Cortana to access their Invoke speaker and request it play a Groove playlist at Christmas 2017? Or is the idea Microsoft do consumer services all but dead in 2017?</p>

• davage

Premium Member
    06 October, 2017 - 8:12 am

<p>Hi Brad,</p><p>Do you think Microsoft may or should make Cortana a stand alone app in the store, much like Google did this week with its assistant in the Play Store? This way MS could update the service with new features, etc. without having to wait for new Windows versions.</p>

• akshay_sug

06 October, 2017 - 9:37 am

<p>What happened to the Xiaomi and Microsoft partnership where Microsoft allowed windows mobile os to be installed in Xiaomi phones.</p>

• woelfel

06 October, 2017 - 10:22 am

<p>Is Microsoft planning on letting Cortana Speakers work with Xbox One? Since they are letting you use USB webcams for Xbox, and I'm guessing that they would let you use your own microphone at some point, though you can with some headsets…why not just let us use Cortana Speakers for those who don't want a Kinect. </p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC