Questions for 12/1?

Drop them here!

Conversation 7 comments

• hrlngrv

Premium Member
    30 November, 2017 - 4:41 pm

<p>Going forward, is MSFT going to update Edge for iOS and Android more frequently than Edge for Windows? Or is MSFT going to try to build a user base under those OSes with feature updates no more frequent than, er, Outsider Windows builds?</p>

• Ahmet Aksoy

30 November, 2017 - 4:50 pm

<p>Will taskview multiple desktop option be replaced by "Sets" feature? Because i cant see new desktop icon in the new taskview concept.</p><p><br></p><p>I like virtual desktops. I dont use icon mode in taskbar. I am confused when i cant see all open windows. If they are grouped i forget to close when i dont need it. After time passes i have deal with lots of open windows especially file explorer windows. I am not confused alot when i am using virtual desktops because i use them for a short time. I open new desktop, do what i needed immediately then finish my work then change back to desktop 1. For example when i gaming, browsing and lots of things together my taskbar is full. I need to open excel for short period, i open new desktop, get the job done and go back. </p><p><br></p><p>Sets feature is good but it is limited. You open new tab and see Edge like tab and select limited program like Onenote etc. Of course you can combine different apps by drag and drop. But its not a good way. Also i prefer same apps in same groups. But i like the idea. It is powerful.</p><p><br></p><p>I dont want to loose virtual desktop option. They are different things and they can be stay together.</p>

• xapache

30 November, 2017 - 5:05 pm

<p>This is a more general "have you heard" kind of question. My SurfaceBook was suddenly showing more light bleed upon boot up then normal. Upon further inspection, there is a definite bulge in the screen – I can feel it and see it.</p><p><br></p><p>So have you heard if the original SB (mine is ~2 years old) has been suffering from this separation of the screen from the body?</p><p><br></p><p>Guessing there is nothing to be done.</p>

• TheJoeFin

Premium Member
      01 December, 2017 - 9:56 am

<blockquote><a href="#223197"><em>In reply to xapache:</em></a></blockquote><p>If you can take it to a Microsoft Store that would probably be your best chance at getting it fixed/looked at. But chances are slim with a 2 year old device.</p>

• Lewk

Premium Member
    01 December, 2017 - 2:58 am

<p>Do you think the Windows Insider change up, with the A/B testing lottery of new features, is a good thing or a bad thing?</p>

• Peter klobčič

01 December, 2017 - 3:13 am

<p>Can we expect any WOA announcements next week? Online we have seen some banchmarks saying that arm is not as good as they were promising. </p><p>any news on Andromeda? do you think you will hear anything next week at the qualcomm event?</p>

• jlv632

01 December, 2017 - 8:34 am

<p>Did Microsoft promise iTunes would be coming to the Windows Store this year or was it simply "Coming Soon"? If they miss this year, reckon the delay would/could be down to iTunes replacing Groove and Movies &amp; TV in one swoop? Could that be the hold up? Surely converting it to the store wouldn't take this long.</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC