Questions for 12/20

Questions for the podcast? Drop them here.

Conversation 11 comments

• jheredia

Premium Member
    19 December, 2019 - 12:30 pm

<p>Hey Brad, I was too late with my question last week so here it is again:</p><p class="ql-indent-1">"Hey Brad, hope I'm making it in under the wire. Just wondering in light of the Xbox news if there's a chance that the new Xbox will be modular in the same sense as the surface hub? Could it be that there is a hardware module that will be swappable and upgradable for the future? Just wondered if maybe that's what was meant by series in the name. Also given the size and shape of it, it it looks like a fairly future-proof case. Love your work, thanks for keeping us informed!"</p>

• ErichK

Premium Member
    19 December, 2019 - 12:47 pm

<p>Brad, regarding the look of the new Xbox, like you, I'm not "offended" by it, and I think it looks clean and simple. But something inside me is nagging me that the reality of the situation is that they took the concept of minimalism to an absurd level. Like, they could have tried a lot harder. Do you agree/disagree?</p>

• MrPKI

19 December, 2019 - 6:49 pm

<blockquote><em><a href="#499800">In reply to ErichK:</a></em></blockquote><p>In addition, will they run into cabinet and placement issues that they encountered in previous models like in Japan?</p>

• north of 49th

Premium Member
      20 December, 2019 - 9:33 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#499800">In reply to ErichK:</a></em></blockquote><p>My two cents are that they had to have a volume of interior space for heat dissipation (and quietness) given the processor power in the device and they needed the exterior to be the least offensive (read designer happy minimalist) in order to be acceptable in the living room space. </p>

• ErichK

Premium Member
        20 December, 2019 - 3:11 pm

<blockquote><em><a href="#500260">In reply to North of 49th:</a></em></blockquote><p>That wouldn't surprise me, that the aesthetic design was heavily influenced by the technical specs.</p>

• mauerque

19 December, 2019 - 1:44 pm

<p>(My username is pronounced Mark)</p><p><br></p><p>Hi Brad,</p><p><br></p><p>If you could institute one change at Microsoft (within reason) that you think would most improve the company, what would it be?</p><p><br></p><p>Thanks! </p>

• ngc224

19 December, 2019 - 4:49 pm

<p>Can we expect anything interesting from Microsoft at CES?</p>

• thejoefin

Premium Member
    19 December, 2019 - 5:11 pm

<p>Is Microsoft moving their top Windows feature requests into Power Toys?</p><p><br></p><p>It seems like they are using the Power Toys as a way to let the Power Users not over complicate Windows for the normies. </p>

• MrPKI

19 December, 2019 - 6:50 pm

<p>What version of Windows is Xbox, Series X going to use? Will it be 20H1 or will it be Windows X?</p>

• deltaprime

19 December, 2019 - 9:52 pm

<p>Hey Brad. I have a super high end gaming PC and all the current gen consoles. As we go into the next generation I'm seeing very little to entice me to buy a next gen Xbox as there are basically no games these days fully exclusive to the Xbox as everything on the Xbox appears on PC also. In this case Microsoft loses a console sale and some potential accessory sales and also they don't get a cut of a game sale if a PC user decides to buy a non-Microsoft game from Steam or one of it's many competitors that is not the Microsoft Store. <span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">Do you think Microsoft's accountants are happy with this kind of situation? Do you see Microsoft announcing anything to try and get a larger slice of revenue from PC gaming?</span></p>

• Tourniquet

20 December, 2019 - 7:27 am

<p>Hey Brad,</p><p><br></p><p>I've read that 20H2 for Desktop is also going to be a CU similar to what we saw with 19H2. Is this 100% certain? </p><p><br></p><p>Did you hear if MSFT signed 19041 off as RTM?</p><p><br></p><p>Also what do you think of the changes in the Insider Program? Seems like Microsoft doesn't really care about it anymore. It's so strange that there is still no one to replace Dona. To me it totally shows the lack of interest / focus of that program. I mean why not just make Brandon make Head of the Insider Program? He was there since basically Day 1 anyway. I have a feeling we won't see a successor to Dona any time soon.</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC