Questions for 12 3?

Questions for the podcast tomorrow? Drop them here.

Conversation 8 comments

• mrpki

02 December, 2021 - 8:28 pm

<p>OK – I have to end the week with a complaint: why cannot we get the podcasts for this or First Ring Daily on iTunes any more? It seems harder to achieve than a level progression on Halo Infinite!</p>

• confusedgeek

02 December, 2021 - 8:59 pm

<p>What’s the difference between the Microsoft Start app and the Microsoft Bing Search apps?</p><p>?</p><p>Felipe</p><p><br></p><p><br></p><p><br></p>

• akubert

Premium Member
    02 December, 2021 - 9:13 pm

<p>A few weeks ago you mentioned that you had started using Notion. Could you give a brief summary of how you are using it and maybe give a few examples?</p><p><br></p>

• sydney2k

02 December, 2021 - 11:40 pm

<p>Happy Thanksgiving for last week Brad, </p><p><br></p><p>it’s now just over a year since the introduction of the Series consoles, and although its service life won’t end for another few years, we might have a good insight to how well the Xbox strategy is going right now. How would you rate the success (or otherwise) of the new consoles, and what do you think will happen over the next 12 months?</p><p><br></p><p>Also, I heard you are contributing to a book on the original Xbox- I am looking forward to reading it!</p>

• Qnox

03 December, 2021 - 3:59 am

<p>Hey Brad,</p><p><br></p><p>Microsoft has had the 18/6 rule for contractors for quite some time now. </p><p><br></p><p>This has affected Xbox gaming studios’ game development as well, because games take multiple years to make and this rule has resulted in constant contractor turnover and new contractors having to finish up previous contractors’ work, which has led to development problems, like on Halo Infinite. </p><p><br></p><p>Do you think this policy will ever be loosened or changed?</p>

• zself

Premium Member
    03 December, 2021 - 8:10 am

<p>Paul- I know you hate Outlook Desktop. How does MS feel about it? This week, and for the first time i can recall, its Inbox is nothing like the Inbox in OWA or Outlook Mobile. Calendar invites don’t appear at all. So I’ve had appointments to accept, or that my M365 Bookings app made for me, that I don’t know about. It’s really bad. Worse, for me, is that I’ve seen nothing about this on interwebs. Hence, wondering if I should be getting ready for exit. This is a serious workflow issue for me…</p>

• zself

Premium Member
    03 December, 2021 - 8:13 am

<p>UPDATE: Not "nothing" like, but critically different in that calendar invites don’t appear for my M365 domain account.</p>

• jnbck

03 December, 2021 - 8:23 am

<p>Good Friday Morning Brad!</p><p><br></p><p>Do you have a preference on a note-taking app?</p><p>I keep hearing good things about Obsidian, but have yet to try it.</p><p>I seem to be the only person in the world who, as a developer, actually likes OneNote.</p><p>I can group by project, search my notes, insert code snippets, media, etc.</p><p><br></p><p>Is there something I’m missing by not trying one of these other note-takers?</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC