Questions for 12/16 podcast

A bit late with this one, put any qs here!

Comments (6)

6 responses to “Questions for 12/16 podcast”

1. 4769

Will Windows Phone 7 + 8 (Silverlight Apps) also be available on Windows 10 Cellular PCs? With Windows RT it was strange because it was ARM but couldn't run ARM (Phone) apps. 

2. 2297

If Cortana was available through multiple OEMs, would they be compatible with each other?  Would you choose the Windows 10 one with a screen or would you choose the Linux/Android one with no screen?

3. 1290

Will the new cellular pcs use the same baseband software as phones?  How will this ginormous security risk/threat vector be mitigated? 

4. 248

Could Microsoft's new cellular PCs open the door for Skype to become a mobile virtual network operator?

5. 9313

Do you know of any manufacturers putting Windows Hello enabled cameras into monitors? I feel like this is an untapped market for peripherals right now.

6. 341

When is the end of year laptop recommendations coming? I have to give my wife some idea what to buy me! I tried out a Spectre but wasn't as impressed with the touchpad (just didn't seem as responsive) as the Dell XPS 13. Please put the exact versions/models you tried out. Also, what are the sweet spots for specs I'm thinking 512 GB SSD and 16 GB RAM.

Leave a Reply