Questions for 2/16?

Post them here!

Conversation 11 comments

• asdfasdf2

15 February, 2018 - 1:09 pm

<p>I'm looking to buy a new pc for school i'm looking into new cheap version of surface book 2 or i5/8gb ram surface pro 5</p><p>I need inking for drawing and note taking and office apps, some soft usage of visual studio. What would you recommend?</p>

• lindhartsen

Premium Member
    15 February, 2018 - 1:23 pm

<p>What do you think are the chances Microsoft does any meaningful updates to Groove Music on iOS and Android?</p>

• johnny777

15 February, 2018 - 1:35 pm

<p>Any idea why those of us with Microsoft accounts that use @yahoo.com email addresses can no longer sign in to Android's Outlook web app? No longer have access now to our family calendars from Android devices due to this. Have had this account as my MS account for years. Being given the runaround as usual from Microsoft support. </p>

• akubert

Premium Member
    15 February, 2018 - 5:54 pm

<p>I use iMessage on my iPhone for text messages. I'm about to stick my toe into the Skype waters. Is there a way I can use Skype on my Windows 10 work computer to send text messages and have Skype sync those text messages with my iPhone's text messages?</p>

• woelfel

16 February, 2018 - 8:33 am

<blockquote><a href="#246104"><em>In reply to akubert:</em></a></blockquote><p>Nope. They did have "Microsoft Messaging Everywhere" with Skype to have it akin to iMessage but there was no way to sync it to anything other than Windows Mobile. You can also use Cortana to send text messages with Android (or W10M). But as you can see everything is jumbled together and not together, just like Microsoft's attempts to make something that should be simple, complicated.</p><p><br></p><p><br></p>

• seapea

15 February, 2018 - 9:29 pm

<p>How come MSFT doesn't insist on a password for the user (which has full admin rights) created when installing W10?</p><p><br></p>

• tmday001

15 February, 2018 - 9:45 pm

<p>With businesses and Enterprise customers trying to figure out this whole WaaS (Windows as a Service) model, it seems that we have no advocate with Microsoft to help us make sense of this constant upgrade cycle. Many of us have to rely on other backend support upgrades (to things like antivirus modules) just to be able to move to the next build of Windows 10 not to mention the additional support resources we have to use to deploy the updated modules…and still keep up with all of the day to day patching. Gotta love job security! Microsoft has already had to change and extend their security patch support for a couple of the older versions of Windows 10 (1511 and 1607 in particular) just to allow some organizations to stay compliant. Have any of your resources mentioned any proposed plans for those in the Enterprise (the ones that pay the bills at Microsoft)? </p>

• Peter klobčič

16 February, 2018 - 8:20 am

<p>why is microsoft focusing to release multiscreen andromeda device, when they could wait a few months and build a device with a flexible screen like samsung will do later this year or early next year? nobody would want to watch a movie on a device that has a line in the middle</p>

• woelfel

16 February, 2018 - 8:30 am

<blockquote><a href="#246139"><em>In reply to Peter_K:</em></a></blockquote><p>I would probably say reliability (which is probably the reason why Samsung delayed their foldable screen device).</p>

• woelfel

16 February, 2018 - 8:40 am

<p>Dear Mr. Cloud Clipboard,</p><p><br></p><p>You coming out RS5 right? lol</p><p><br></p><p>-woelfel</p><p><br></p><p>P.S. – Any rumblings of that Xbox Streaming Stick or investments in getting more games to Game Pass from big 3rd parties? </p><p>P. P. S. – Have you also heard earlier than anticipated Surface Andromeda announcement like other industry insiders have alluded to?</p>

• ponsaelius

16 February, 2018 - 9:08 am

<p>If the new Surface Andromeda is released there is no apps ecosystem in Windows for mobile. Is it's success tied to PWA coming to the Store?</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC