Questions for 2/18?

Questions for the podcast? Drop them here.

Conversation 7 comments

• thejoefin

Premium Member
    17 February, 2022 - 3:57 pm

<p>Is Microsoft using the Windows Apps SDK to (re)build the new inbox apps like Paint, Notepad, Task Manager etc.? Any clue what apps will be rewritten next?</p>

• jnbck

17 February, 2022 - 5:16 pm

<p>Is Chuck Schumer going to spur MSFT investment in the Capital Region of NY? I saw he had a meeting with Brad Smith, never heard if anything productive came out of it.</p>

• shark47

17 February, 2022 - 5:55 pm

<p>Apps notwithstanding, Windows in tablet mode doesn’t feel like iOS or Android. Even websites load differently and many don’t support touch as well. Do you know if this is something Microsoft will ever be able to fix?</p><p><br></p><p>P.S. I don’t if there’s a separate Edge setting for this.</p>

• hrlngrv

Premium Member
    17 February, 2022 - 6:24 pm

<p>Stardock question. I believe I heard you say Stardock’s potential customer base are those who want to do A LOT of tweaking. I’m wondering if there’s any chance y’all would go full Linux in the sense of providing multiple taskbars (called panels in Linux desktop environments) and let users decide which taskbar components go where. I’m going to guess Stardock has a few people who used to do a fair amount of LiteStep and maybe BB/Win theming, in which case they should have some idea what’s possible.</p><p><br></p><p>There are some complete Windows desktop shell replacements around, e.g., Cairo Desktop Environment. Any chance of a full desktop shell replacement from Stardock?</p>

• arjay

18 February, 2022 - 1:30 am

<p>Off topic maybe but I’d like to get an update on the Tesla ownership experience now that you’ve had some more time with the car.</p>

• crunchyfrog

18 February, 2022 - 7:14 am

<p>While foldable phones are more in the mainstream lately, they’re hardly hardly sweeping the industry. Rumors keep floating around about a foldable iPhone and I’d like to know your take on such a drastic change in the iPhone line. Would such a device be of interest to you and iPhone users in general?</p>

• mrpki

18 February, 2022 - 8:29 am

<p>Two questions this week on gaming: Stardock is going to joining Game Pass. Will you be able to share how the revenue stream works in the Game Pass model? </p><p><br></p><p>Second question is around Halo Infinite. Are you still playing the multi player regularly as it seems that concurrent users on Steam has dropped 80%? </p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC