Questions for 2/17 Podcast

Drop them here!

Conversation 16 comments

• PcGuy8088

16 February, 2017 - 4:52 pm

<p>Is there a beta version available of the Microsoft Authenticator aoo for Windows 10 Mobile like there is for iOS and Android? The current version of app on Windows 10 Mobile 6.0.13, is a step back from the Windows 8.1 version. The app does not have the ability to edit nor rearrange the entries. They simply show up in the order they were added to the app. Only thing you can do is add or delete entries. This type of app could do with a PIN to limit access to the app itself. </p>

• MerlinE.

16 February, 2017 - 4:55 pm

<ol><li>Edge extensions what is the deal? I thought it would be a easy port of Chrome extensions is nobody bothering or did MS over promise and under deliver?</li><li>Microsoft Bot Framework Dead on arrival? The only useful bot in Skype is IFTTT, no Wunderlist, no Office, no Cortana, is everybody waiting for Cortana skills?</li><li>If&nbsp;the world runs&nbsp;out of Fridays will you move the podcast to Thursday or Saturday?</li></ol><p><br></p>

• Lewk

Premium Member
    17 February, 2017 - 1:45 am

<p>Why is the Microsoft Authenticator app only available&nbsp;for Windows 10 on&nbsp;Mobile, and not also PC? I have a work phone that I&nbsp;don't have permission to install the Authenticator App on,&nbsp;for my personal account. But I have a personal Surface Pro 3 that I would love to have the Microsoft Authenticator app on. Any idea why they're limiting it to mobile only?</p>

• inlocoabsentia

Premium Member
      17 February, 2017 - 9:35 am

<blockquote><a href="#42931"><em>In reply to Lewk:</em></a></blockquote><p>If you have the same MSFT account on the phone and PC, you will (at least I do) get a toast notification to approve the access on the PC.</p>

• colinizer

Premium Member
    17 February, 2017 - 8:33 am

<p>Let's say MS brings out a strong mobile contenter for business, e.g. Surface Pocket (or whatever). In IDC/Gartner&nbsp;reports, even a niche success will look like 2-3% in the vast pool. Do you think IDC/Gartner will create a justifiable separate category that will make it look healthier, e.g. Mobile PCs or Flexible display devices. Does it matter?</p>

• Micheal

17 February, 2017 - 8:59 am

<p>In the insider program you can download the latest build ISO and I did to install in a VM but I cant activate it! does this mean I have to buy another copy to be an insider/tester! as I don't want to mess with my 1607 build?</p>

• JCerna

Premium Member
      17 February, 2017 - 5:39 pm

<blockquote><a href="#42967"><em>In reply to Micheal:</em></a></blockquote><p>since&nbsp;you are using a VM you dont get a license for it. You would have to buy one, but if it's for just eval there is no need to activate.</p>

• Fusciacastle

17 February, 2017 - 9:04 am

<p>Do you guys know what happened to Project Sienna, a quick way to develop apps for small and medium businesses? It still exists but seems to be abandoned. That and App Studio combined would be great for non developers to use. </p>

• Tourniquet

17 February, 2017 - 9:19 am

<p>Everyone complains about no features with RS2 for Windows 10 Mobile.</p><p><br></p><p>But what's up with Hololens? Will there be a RS2 release / insider preview? Any new features for that? </p><p><br></p><p>Also what happened to the 3D scanning app for Windows 10 Mobile?</p>

• inlocoabsentia

Premium Member
    17 February, 2017 - 9:37 am

<p>Paul is trying out the Envy AIO desktop which has a curved UWQHD screen and 21:9 aspect ratio. Have you tried a monitor like this before? If so, what do you think of them, especially compared to 4k monitors?</p><p><br></p><p>Call me ila ("eye-lah") for short.</p>

• John Willis

17 February, 2017 - 9:42 am

<p>If we can type 60 word per minute, and speak 400 words per minute.. shouldn't we be looking forward to mice or computer input devices faster than 400 words per minute? The functional f-MRI mouse for example? — makes you wonder if the Holo-Lens is a head scanner in disguise.. wrap that brain up in a box that doesn't look like a box.</p>

• Paul Thurrott

Premium Member
    17 February, 2017 - 10:17 am

<p>Why Brad? Why?</p>

• JCerna

Premium Member
      17 February, 2017 - 5:45 pm

<blockquote><a href="#43015"><em>In reply to Paul Thurrott</em></a> Don't worry Paul Brad has all the answers ;).</blockquote><p><br></p>

• mruszczyk

17 February, 2017 - 10:25 am

<p>Will Microsoft ever get Edge right? Why is it never updated even though it can be serviced via store? No new extensions. Their heart is in the right place but why is it still so terrible.</p>

• JCerna

Premium Member
    17 February, 2017 - 5:44 pm

<p>Any update on windows 10 on ARM? </p><p><br></p><p><br></p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC