Questions for 3/16?

Questions for the show? Drop them here!

Conversation 14 comments

• thespecificocean

15 March, 2018 - 11:15 am

<p>Any news on when the first batch of PWAs are going to start showing up in the store? Also, are there any rumblings about a renewed interest in a STB / streaming media device from MS?</p>

• Scott Ross

15 March, 2018 - 1:37 pm

<p>How much traffic does Thurrott.com get with edge browsers? Did that number go up with Paul testing S Mode?</p>

• stevenlack

15 March, 2018 - 1:42 pm

<p>Do you have any new information on Andromeda? I heard the rumor of the "Modern Workplace" event that might take place on May 15th, but nothing about Andromeda making an appearance (The whole event is a rumor, and one can only guess what might appear). Do you think Andromeda might be shown at BUILD or this rumored event?</p><p><br></p><p>I also heard Microsoft might release a developer edition of Andromeda first (which makes sense), this would essentially be the same as what they're doing with Hololens. Do you see a consumer edition coming out this year, or just a developer edition (If at all)</p>

• Averroda

15 March, 2018 - 10:26 pm

<p>Brad did you see the clipboard feature on the SwiftKey 7.0 update for iOS and Android. Do you think this is the groundwork for cloud clipboard?</p>

• marmantrout

15 March, 2018 - 11:02 pm

<p>As a developer myself it seems Microsoft seems to be out of cool new features for windows. When I was younger I used to get excited about new UI changes and features use Windows on a daily basis but I don't see any new features that really matter anymore. Has windows development peaked and they are riding it out? </p>

• Kudupa

16 March, 2018 - 7:43 am

<blockquote><a href="#253669"><em>In reply to marmantrout:</em></a><em> At least for me reliability is more important than a new cool feature. </em></blockquote><blockquote><em>Sure, cool new features are fun and keeps the interest going but without reliability it will be a buggy crash city all the time. </em></blockquote><p><br></p>

• TheJoeFin

Premium Member
      16 March, 2018 - 10:32 am

<blockquote><a href="#253669"><em>In reply to marmantrout:</em></a></blockquote><p><br></p><p>Timeline, Sets, UWP, and soon C-Shell will be some of the biggest Windows features in the past 20 years</p>

• hrlngrv

Premium Member
    16 March, 2018 - 2:26 am

<p>Who in their right mind would have come up with <strong><em>Wear OS</em></strong>? Is this a sign for the beginning of the end for Google?</p>

• Kudupa

16 March, 2018 - 7:42 am

<blockquote><a href="#253688"><em>In reply to hrlngrv:</em></a><em> It's not end of Google and you shouldn't wish that. Yes, they are a bully and Microsoft was a bully in its haydays. But, how regulators dealing with the situation is different.</em></blockquote><blockquote><em>Google is needed &amp; essential for this world</em></blockquote><p><br></p>

• ponsaelius

16 March, 2018 - 5:55 am

<p>Microsoft might be all in on mixed reality but is there any evidence that consumers are buying more MR headsets than bought (now cancelled) Lumia phones?</p>

• Kudupa

16 March, 2018 - 7:39 am

<p>Hey Brad got a question for you. </p><p>1) Why can't Microsoft bring Edge to store? Leave the engine in OS &amp; bring skin to store like chrome on Android. </p>

• marmantrout

16 March, 2018 - 9:40 am

<p>Why do you think the XBox strategy is losing to playstation what is the answer for a turn around ?</p>

• TheJoeFin

Premium Member
    16 March, 2018 - 9:53 am

<p>With more Windows 10 devices coming with cellular connectivity do you think Microsoft will ever turn Skype into a proper iMessage competitor (sending receiving SMS/MMS, calls, cross device sync, etc.)?</p>

• colinizer

Premium Member
    16 March, 2018 - 10:02 am

<p>is the ongoing "10" in he Windows version number failing to grab attention with twice-a-year trees falling in the woods fpr consumers? Should Microsoft go to big bang once a year updates with number increments and if so what features would justify turning the version up to 11?</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC