Questions for 3/2?

Drop them here!

Conversation 10 comments

• mmcpher

Premium Member
    01 March, 2018 - 1:58 pm

<p>As a tech blogger, is it better to be: 1) a self-appointed cheerleader for Apple or Android; or 2) a morbidly self-appointed pallbearer for Microsoft (a company that is not dead yet)?</p>

• mercblue281

01 March, 2018 - 2:13 pm

<p>Not a question – HUGE props for the Media Center mention last week! The fragmentation of media consumption is probably the best argument against cutting the cord. 2018 and there is still no live TV/movie/music consolidating device that can deliver. Would love to see a mini Xbox consolidate live/recorded TV with HDHomerun, music with Spotify and movies in a simpler package that kids/parents could use. Biggest issue right now is navigation of the Xbox interface – using a remote it is not that great.</p><p><br></p>

• Glenn

01 March, 2018 - 3:52 pm

<p>Anything new on a voice interface device for Xbox? Since Kinect is dead and I don't want to use the headset. I was hoping Microsoft would have announced something like the Amazon Fire remote by now to use Cortana via the Xbox. </p>

• Usman

Premium Member
    01 March, 2018 - 5:20 pm

<p>I believe either you or paul said there was a reason as to why Build tickets haven't sold out, I don't believe many of the attendees last year were UWP developers, it would be a total shock to me if UWP devs actually made up a big chunk of build attendees.</p>

• Pulagatha

01 March, 2018 - 5:58 pm

<p>Do you think they will show off the File Explorer at Build 2018? Is there any new updates on Cloud Clipboard? Is there any chance at all of Microsoft releasing another single screen phone alongside the Andromeda device? Will there be an update to the home screen any time soon? (I refuse to call it the "Start Screen.")</p>

• mmcpher

Premium Member
    01 March, 2018 - 6:11 pm

<p>I've lost track of the moving targets. The differences between "fast ring" and "skip ahead" seem to either converge or grow larger, depending upon where within the next official release continuum we are. So could we do a kind of reset explanation on the choice based on where we are today? </p>

• Simonshu

01 March, 2018 - 10:39 pm

<p>Why Microsoft won’t let people download the Office store app without office365 personal or home subscription? How about office 365 business? I tried the outlook 2016 store app and it does work with my work office 365 account.</p>

• ponsaelius

02 March, 2018 - 8:00 am

<p>Mobile World Congress has just finished. It's the place where the mobile technology world converges. Is Microsoft's absence from such an event an admission that not only is it out of mobile hardware but it is not even trying to push it's mobile "experience" any more?</p>

• marbo100

02 March, 2018 - 8:52 am

<p>Since you now have a Surface Pro with LTE, how much more is it than the HP Envy X2 which also has LTE? I think that's a better comparison than the Surface Pro you compared it to last week as far as features go, excluding cpus. I'd like to see a actual performance comparison between these 2 PCs if you can get HP to send you one.</p>

• Tourniquet

02 March, 2018 - 10:14 am

<p>Where is Dave Cutler currently working on? :D</p><p><br></p><p><br></p><p><br></p><p>Are there any news regarding the Casio &amp; Microsoft deal (news.microsoft.com/2017/04/03/microsoft-announces-new-licensing-partnership-casio/)? Can we still expect a smartwatch from Casio with msft tech?</p><p><br></p><p>Any news about iTunes for the Microsoft Store? We saw that there's now a new iTunesUWP.dll inside of iTunes. You think they will reveal it at build?</p><p><br></p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC