Questions for 4/22?

Drop them here

Conversation 8 comments

• michaelmartinez

21 April, 2022 - 3:56 pm

<p>Let’s consider Microsoft passing on purchasing Slack in favor of developing Teams in-house. Since Discord and Microsoft couldn’t come to a deal, do you see any proprietary technology coming out of Microsoft as a direct competitor, or could Microsoft swing back around and try picking up Discord again given recent public and private multiple compressions?</p>

• will

Premium Member
    21 April, 2022 - 4:20 pm

<p>Brad, Do you think there should be a change in having 343 doing all things Halo? Maybe split it up to have other teams or studios involved?</p>

• will

Premium Member
      22 April, 2022 - 10:22 am

<p>My question was missed ☹️</p><p><br></p><p>Will ask next week. </p>

• mrpki

21 April, 2022 - 4:59 pm

<p>I know everyone is going to ask you if Halo Infinite Season 2 is going to improve the community usage numbers or not, so I thought I would ask a Stardock question: do you see anyone using Start11 on their Macbooks or Chromebooks that has Windows installed via Parallels?</p>

• erichk

Premium Member
    21 April, 2022 - 6:52 pm

<p>Brad, do you think Smart App Control will become the bane of hobbyist developers like myself who distribute mostly freeware in the form of unsigned executables? I’d hate to think that this technology, when it eventually becomes a part of Windows 11, will think of my apps as "untrusted." This feature can be turned off, correct?</p>

• zself

Premium Member
    21 April, 2022 - 9:15 pm

<p>Brad and Paul: What are the viable Windows 10/11 tablets other than Surface Pro 8? Still think SP8 is a good machine?</p>

• zself

Premium Member
      21 April, 2022 - 9:22 pm

<p>Clarifying my question: I mean to ask your thought about viable Win 10/11 tablets of similar performance to Surface Pro 8. I’m not interested in Surface Go, X, et al. Not interested in Android tablets, either. </p>

• sydney2k

22 April, 2022 - 12:07 am

<p>Happy belated Easter greetings Brad,</p><p><br></p><p>we all know you love the numbers, give you the numbers and you are happy as larry. So, my question has to do with the new Playstation subscription model that recently was announced, and specifically the statement from Sony Interactive Entertainment president Jim Ryan that Sony Playstation first party games would not launch day in date into the service. Knowing what we know about the growth of Xbox Game Pass, especially when Xbox first party games launched day in fate into the service, what are your thoughts about the profitability of the Playstation subscription model if their games were launched day in date? Could Sony finance their games solely on a launch day and date model, or is it more sensible to continue with their current retail model?</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC