Questions for 4/3?

Drop them here.

Conversation 17 comments

• MrPKI

02 April, 2020 - 1:35 pm

<p>Wrapping the end of the questions as always, do you see consumers and home users moving to Teams or will Zoom be the dominant platform?</p>

• s100

Premium Member
    02 April, 2020 - 1:40 pm

<p>Does the Microsoft 365 Consumer announcement mean there is no prospect of Microsoft launching a fully-fledged password manager in the (relatively) near future?</p><p><br></p><p>Assuming so, do you still recommend 1Password? Does it work well with Edge, etc?</p>

• kipkniskern

Premium Member
    02 April, 2020 - 1:40 pm

<p>Is it time to press Microsoft (and all companies) to provide real numbers, and/or to stand by the numbers they promote, for product usage? It's gotten to the point where these numbers have almost no meaning. Time for some SEC type action to require either real, fact based numbers, or no numbers at all?</p><p><br></p><p>kip </p>

• jmaccle

02 April, 2020 - 1:46 pm

<p>Probably my favourite gaming accessory of all time is my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller. It makes me want more first party Xbox accessories. Do you ever see Microsoft making a high end pair of wireless headphones for Xbox? Or perhaps making the next Surface headphones have the Xbox wireless standard? </p><p><br></p><p>thanks, love your show! </p>

• will

Premium Member
    02 April, 2020 - 2:17 pm

<p>Any word on when we might expect to see a Surface Book 3 announced? Any new news on the specs?</p>

• Rayo Verweij

02 April, 2020 - 2:52 pm

<blockquote><em><a href="#536099">In reply to will:</a></em></blockquote><p>+1 to this question! I've been holding off upgrading my OG Surface Book for a SB 3 for a long time now, but with my screen starting to pop off, I'll need something of a replacement soon. Do you think the SB 3 and Go 2 might be delayed because of COVID-19?</p>

• tripleplayed

02 April, 2020 - 3:49 pm

<p>xCloud for Windows 10. Will any games support Mouse and Keyboard controls or will all games be controller only? </p>

• willr

02 April, 2020 - 5:05 pm

<p>Hi Brad, have you heard anything solid about some issues or concerns with the PS5? There's some rumblings about the cooling system and throttling. </p><p><br></p><p>Hope you and your family are healthy :)</p>

• gordosan

02 April, 2020 - 5:10 pm

<p><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">So we seem to now have a good idea of the I/O of the Xbox Series X, but there is something else I've not really heard about yet… Wifi. I hook up my consoles directly to the router, so that's not really why I'm asking. Wifi 6 seems like it should be standard issue by now, yet Wifi 6E using the new 6 GHz spectrum is so new that it is still scheduled to be approved by the FCC later this month. However, Broadcom seems to already be working on production of 6E chips. Where I believe this could make a really big impact for Xbox is in 2 categories: the 1st being Game Streaming within the powerful, uninterrupted 6 GHz spectrum for ultra-low latency, and the 2nd being AR/VR wireless tethering, which I really think this new standard is mostly being aimed at. I do also think that it's aimed at being the indoor compliment to upcoming 5G service, so this definitely seems like something that although it might not be a top priority in the moment, NOT including it could feel like an oversight in 1-2 years' time. What do you think, and any word on whether they have any Wifi 6E plans or not?</span></p>

• Kudupa

02 April, 2020 - 6:54 pm

<p>Hi Brad, can you call yourself Brand Sam's from now onwards? As a Alpha member, I would appreciate this small token of appreciation. ??</p>

• Tourniquet

02 April, 2020 - 7:27 pm

<p>Hey Brad, now that Panos is the head of Windows for a little while, did you already started hearing what his plans for Windows is or in what direction Windows is going now? </p><p><br></p><p>With the "leadership" before it seems like in the timeframe of RS5 – 20H1 the plan was to demote Windows (killing of Aruba, Andromeda, Polaris, and at the same time replacing Andromeda with Android) and focus more on Office and other products. </p><p><br></p><p>My hope with Panos leading Windows is, that Windows now gets the attention it needs. For me Windows 10 Desktop &amp; Windows 10 X doesn't look like they have a bright future, but maybe things will change enough before devices like Surface Neo &amp; Duo launch. </p><p><br></p><p><br></p><p><br></p><p><br></p>

• jonzey

Premium Member
    02 April, 2020 - 9:36 pm

<p>Question 1: With the loss of in-person events like Build and Ignite, MS will have problems getting the word out on their physical devices.</p><p> * They can't tell people to go to the stores and buy things, because…pathogens…</p><p> * They can't have events to allow reviewers to get their hands on these devices, because..pathogens…</p><p><br></p><p>So, do you think they would delay (or even cancel) upcoming devices this year to help increase the splash when the world does decide to leave their homes again?</p><p><br></p><p>…and less seriously…</p><p><br></p><p>Question 2A: Why does Paul say "literally" in each of his sentences? … Question 2B: Paul seems to have trouble saying "roof." It comes out more like "ruff." Why?</p><p><br></p><p>Question 3: Why can't Brad say "didn't" properly?</p>

• robinalexandria

02 April, 2020 - 10:36 pm

<p>For some reasons, each time I turn on my computer, I found out my laptop cannot keep the WiFi, even though I checked the check box of "connect automatically". Any idea how to fix it? In the beginning I thought it could be the router, because I happened to get a new router. But later I found out my 2 work laptops ( one running older version of Win 10; the other Win 7) remember the WiFi, so it must be my personal laptop ( Windows 10 ver 1909 ).</p><p><br></p><p>Thanks.</p>

• anoldamigauser

Premium Member
    03 April, 2020 - 12:22 am

<p>Do you think that Teams for Consumers has a snowball's chance in hell of succeeding?</p><p>I can see the utility of a single app for family communication and document storage, but convincing my family to use it would be a recreational impossibility.</p>

• brothernod

Premium Member
    03 April, 2020 - 12:47 am

<p>Will Neo boot like a Surface Pro or Surface X? I really hate how long it takes to wake up my Surface Pro 5 compared to my iPad. </p>

• felipe.costa09

03 April, 2020 - 1:15 am

<p>Hey Brad, hope you're safe!</p><p><br></p><p>With the recent news of the Xbox app on pc moving to React Native, making their way to the MS Store.</p><p><br></p><p>If MS makes Windows 10X a huge success, what do you think will be the future of the Steam and Epic game store? Could be possible to make their way to the store as well?</p><p><br></p><p>I'm not sure if the current "Store policy" allows that.</p>

• Shane

Premium Member
    03 April, 2020 - 3:02 am

<p>Hi Brad</p><p><br></p><p>I know you had a lot going on recently and one part was the new tv you was going to get.</p><p>Was wondering if you could share, write up about the reasons why you chose what you did.</p><p><br></p><p>I am thinking of replacing my 7/8 yr old sony 4k tv. I spent so long deciding and thought i made a good choice at the time. But un all honesty have been totally disappointed with it.</p><p><br></p><p>Thanks and keep safe.</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC