Questions for 4 9

Questions for the podcast tomorrow? Drop them here.

Conversation 18 comments

• jnbck

08 April, 2021 - 12:39 pm

<p> Have you heard if there has been a big move of exchange servers off-prem since Hafnium?</p>

• delta_actual_75

08 April, 2021 - 12:50 pm

<p>Any recommendations for Windows laptops?</p>

• mrpki

08 April, 2021 - 1:10 pm

<p>XBox has acquired a large number of game studios. When are we going to see any new or exclusive titles? </p>

• mrpki

08 April, 2021 - 1:12 pm

<p> Do you think Windows 10X will support any games to be played on the new platform? Will xCloud games be possible if Windows 10X is in "S" mode?</p>

• tripleplayed

08 April, 2021 - 1:20 pm

<p>Will Xbox Game Streaming ever include purchased games outside of Game Pass? </p>

• will

Premium Member
    08 April, 2021 - 1:24 pm

<p>Any news on an update to the Surface Studio and a Surface Book design update?</p>

• ngc224

08 April, 2021 - 2:13 pm

<p>Any chance of a “Zeta” Developer’s Edition at Build? It seems it would help with the fall launch.</p><p><br></p>

• yoshi

Premium Member
    08 April, 2021 - 2:53 pm

<p>I saw some rumblings on a possible Xbox/Kojima partnership. What are your thoughts on that possibility?</p>

• Pulagatha

08 April, 2021 - 4:23 pm

<p>Microsoft is changing the icons in File Explorer, do you think they will change the layout as well? When do you think rounded corners will appear in Windows?</p>

• bishbash93

08 April, 2021 - 7:07 pm

<p>Are there any downsides to switching to 64bit OneDrive from 32bit?</p><p>Going further, are there any downsides to 64bit vs 32bit in general (i.e. Windows, Apps, etc) for that matter?</p>

• bishbash93

08 April, 2021 - 7:11 pm

<p>Bang &amp; Olufsen Beoplay Portals – what do you think?</p><p><br></p><p>I'm hoping they release an update to enable simultaneous Bluetooth &amp; Xbox Wireless like the Xbox Wireless Headset. Regardless, I'm returning the Xbox headset in favour of the Portals due how bass-heavy &amp; muddy the Xbox ones are, despite their amazing a value proposition.</p>

• bishbash93

08 April, 2021 - 7:18 pm

<p>Surface Earbuds 2 – any noise? Maybe around Surface Duo 2 timeframe?</p>

• sydney2k

09 April, 2021 - 1:36 am

<p>Hello Brad,</p><p><br></p><p>my employer used to be a part of the Home Use program, and I used to be able to purchase a copy of Office at a wildly discounted price.&nbsp;Two years ago though my employer quit the program, much to my dismay.&nbsp;I understand that Office 360 subscriptions can now be got under the Home Use program.</p><p><br></p><p>My question is, is there any way to get Office 360 subscriptions at a discounted price, similar to how Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscriptions works?&nbsp;Also, is it worth subscribing to Office 360 purely for the extra OneDrive space?</p><p><br></p><p>Sydney</p>

• Usman

Premium Member
      09 April, 2021 - 10:16 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#622189">In reply to sydney2k:</a></em></blockquote><p>In the UK, retailers would sell office 365 physical cards for half price through out the years. I'd keep an eye out on Best Buy and big box retailers to see if they have any discounts on physical cards.</p>

• Usman

Premium Member
    09 April, 2021 - 3:51 am

<p>Why does Gamepass PC use Windows Store games / MSIX packaged games instead of regular .exe that are found on other stores. EA Play on PC uses regular exe games. Microsoft does sell their games as regular .exe on steam, I don't know why they keep pushing the MSIX wrapper for PC Gamepass.</p><p><br></p><p>This is quite an issue as the games can't be modded or have third party patches that improve games. <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIvwwy2K1cU&quot; target="_blank">Digital foundry posted a video on this</a>. People thought the Game Pass PC versions of Nier and Evil Within are better than the steam version, but it turns they're the same, but you can't even apply launch overrides.</p>

• rossfinnie

09 April, 2021 - 4:59 am

<p>When we can travel internationally again …. where is the first place you would go to?</p>

• helix2301

Premium Member
    09 April, 2021 - 7:50 am

<p>Where do you see teams for family going? Where do you see the office365 for consumer going? I want to use teams for family but issue is everyone we know on discord or whatsapp. I was trying to get my wife putting everything in teams her additude like why not just use Google calendar like we have used for years it just works.</p>

• Kudupa

09 April, 2021 - 8:58 am

<p>Hi Brad, I have a very simple question… When is the next Surface event &amp; are they going to refresh Surface Pro &amp; Laptop?</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC