Questions for 6/19?

Questions for the podcast tomorrow? Drop them below.

Conversation 10 comments

• mrpki

18 June, 2020 - 2:30 pm

<p>Closing out the questions for this week: do you think we will have ANY major new exclusive games for the XBox Series X at console launch or will they all be late? And…what do you think about the upcoming EA Squadrons game? </p><p><br></p>

• jnbck

18 June, 2020 - 2:31 pm

<p>Have you heard of issues with 'Continue on PC'. I'm using edge for iPhone and if I go into the menu, then 'Continue on PC', it will just say 'Error Message' at the top. If I close and try again it will say 'Finding your devices' and never find my PCs.</p><p><br></p><p>If I click the generic share button and then click to share with 'Continue on Pc', then my PCs will show up and I can share just fine.</p>

• yoshi

Premium Member
    18 June, 2020 - 3:24 pm

<p>Do you think the faster SSD in the PS5 should cause concern for Microsoft? Or will the areas where Xbox Series X comes out ahead make up for the difference? </p>

• mikepuddephat

18 June, 2020 - 3:53 pm

<p>In your book, Beneath A Surface, you said that Microsoft will finally deliver a Surface monitor in the 2020 timeframe. Is this still likely to happen? Will the Surface Studio display ever be sold as a standalone product?</p>

• sydney2k

18 June, 2020 - 9:43 pm

<p>Hello Brad,</p><p><br></p><p>I just watched your video about the Xbox Series pricing framework, and how you outline the Series X, the most powerful console, as a premium product, and pr<span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">iced accordingly ($499-$599). You compare it to the PS5, which you surmise may come in at $399-$499. </span></p><p><br></p><p><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">What you didn't factor in is the presence of the PS5 Digital edition. In last weekend's weekly roundup you suggest that the digital edition would come in at $50 less than the bluray drive edition, but I have seen other commentators suggest that Sony may aggressively price the former at $100 less, in a move directly targeting Lockhart.</span></p><p><br></p><p><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">If this is the case, then how low can Lockhart go? What is the price difference that Spencer is willing to go to, to keep the price advantage?</span></p><p><br></p><p><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">A secondary question: do you think Microsoft were taken unaware by Sony's two SKU strategy, and have you heard of any reactions by Xbox executives to this?</span></p>

• Usman

Premium Member
    19 June, 2020 - 3:33 am

<p>Hey Brad, </p><p><br></p><p>I don't really buy into the rumour mill, but this has been circling around lately, where the price (or the bill or materials) for the Series X is 400 USD and 200 USD for Lockhart. 'Source' <a href="https://www.notebookcheck.net/Astonishing-Xbox-Series-X-and-Series-S-prices-would-put-the-hurt-on-PS5-sales-US-400-for-the-Series-X-console-and-US-200-for-all-digital-Lockhart.476805.0.html&quot; target="_blank">https://www.notebookcheck.net/Astonishing-Xbox-Series-X-and-Series-S-prices-would-put-the-hurt-on-PS5-sales-US-400-for-the-Series-X-console-and-US-200-for-all-digital-Lockhart.476805.0.html</a></p><p><br></p><p>Now of course there's random pricing 'leak' stories every day, so I'd take it with a grain of salt, however, have you heard a ball park figure for the bill of materials cost for these consoles?</p>

• tripleplayed

19 June, 2020 - 4:03 am

<p>Will there be a All Digital Edition of the Xbox Series X? </p>

• bart

Premium Member
    19 June, 2020 - 5:59 am

<p>Hello Brad,</p><p><br></p><p>On Twitter you responded to a tweet by Zac Bowden regarding the latest build in the Dev channel. You mentioned that there will be 'no new features in 20xxx builds'. Were you joking, or can you tell us a bit more about it?</p>

• sherlockholmes

Premium Member
    19 June, 2020 - 8:09 am

<p>Hi Brad, </p><p><br></p><p>it looks like the new Edge loves to act weird mon my PCs. When I move to some websites like variety.com and accepted the privacy settings, after the time being it looks like Edge resets the settings. It often happens that I have to reaccept the settings again. Any ideas why? Thanks. </p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC