Questions for 7 10 ?

Drop them here.

Conversation 13 comments

• esben dalsgaard

09 July, 2020 - 8:45 am

<p>Hi Brad. Thank you for a good and informative podcast. I am looking for new earbuds, and I was thinking about buying the Surface earbuds. But I found out that Surface earbuds are out of stock in my country (Danmark). So, I am looking for alternatives, and now I am considering the Jabra Evolve 65t. I am using earbuds for music, podcasts, and Teams-calls. So, I have the following questions:</p><p> </p><ul><li>Jabra Evolve 65t is Skype for Business certified, what does that mean? </li><li>Does Skype for Business certification also mean Teams certification? </li><li>Jabra Evolve 65t connects via Bluetooth, but it also has a small USB dongle for connection. Are there any benefits to connecting via a dongle compared to the build-in Bluetooth on the PC?</li><li>The Jabra buds claim to be able to be connected to a phone and a PC at the same time. To my understanding, the Surface earbuds can't do that, right?</li><li>Does Skype of Business certification mean that the earbuds will have controls for mute/unmute? </li><li>Bonus question: Given that the buds comes with an USB dongle, will they work with a X-box?</li></ul><p><br></p><p>A lot of questions, I know, but thanks again for a good podcast. </p><p>Cheers, </p><p>Esben </p>

• Usman

Premium Member
    09 July, 2020 - 10:12 am

<p>Hey Brad, considering the car talk, what are you currently looking at, petrol or electric?</p><p><br></p><p>Since you have a garage and work from home, have you looked into Vehicle To Grid / Home, it's basically using the car like a power wall, charging it at off peak and then using that electricity to power the home during the day, which is ideal if you don't drive on regular basis.</p><p><br></p><p>Thirdly, I remember you saying that a car must have Apple Car Play, what features from Car Play do you use and what makes it a deal breaker?</p>

• madthinus

Premium Member
    09 July, 2020 - 10:26 am

<p>Do you think we wil get a price on July 23?</p>

• mrpki

09 July, 2020 - 10:41 am

<p>A fun one this week: Microsoft has highlighted that they continue to extend security for all with mobile protection for Android. But this is only for Enterprises. Do not small businesses and consumers use Android with Office 365 and need protection too? Why is Defender available for Windows Home but not for Office 365 home users on Android? </p><p><br></p><p>RE: <a href="https://www.microsoft.com/security/blog/2020/06/23/microsoft-continues-to-extend-security-for-all-with-mobile-protection-for-android/&quot; target="_blank">https://www.microsoft.com/security/blog/2020/06/23/microsoft-continues-to-extend-security-for-all-with-mobile-protection-for-android/</a></p&gt;

• simont

Premium Member
    09 July, 2020 - 11:04 am

<p>You recently mentioned you were reading a book about the history of Instragram, what would be your top 5 books about business/IT/Microsoft (Excluding your own book).</p>

• Bdsrev

09 July, 2020 - 3:51 pm

<p>Hey Brad, do you know when Microsoft is going to reveal Series X physical game box "art"/design? Sony just revealed theirs today and it's really boring and plain lol</p>

• rubbb3rduck

09 July, 2020 - 4:37 pm

<p>Hi Brad, love the show. Could you elaborate on the – according to many people (aka Apple) – future of all computing on ARM? How do they see these underperforming chips running high end computers? How could an i9 ever be replaced by an ARM chip? Is there really a future where AutoCAD, Premiere, AAAA games would run on ARM?</p>

• ntgay17

09 July, 2020 - 8:31 pm

<p>Hey Brad, love the show.</p><p>2 questions.</p><p>1. MS hasn't released any updates on 10x or WOA. I think WOA is the future but why has MS cornered themselves with Qualcomm to make their Arm chips? Isn't that pretty much same old same – they attached themselves to another processor company before: Intel.</p><p>2. Project xcloud, do you know if next gen consoles would be leveraging xcloud for day 1 game play, instead of long download times?</p><p>Instead of that 80gb download to play COD, you pay and play now, then while console is in menu or not in use you download the total file.</p>

• sydney2k

09 July, 2020 - 8:59 pm

<p>Hello Brad,</p><p><br></p><p>earlier in the week the news came out that Microsoft were interested in purchasing the entire suite of Warner Bros game studios. AT&amp;T, the parent company, has priced the studios at about $4 billion.</p><p><br></p><p>Given the discussion you made in an earlier Q&amp;A about pricing of the next gen consoles, and that with the purchase of 15 studios <span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">that the time that the payoff of this investment may be soon, what are your personal thoughts on whether or not Microsoft should be entering the bidding for the WB studios? Is this something that Microsoft should be grabbing at with both hands, or is this a deal offered at the wrong time, that current investment in studios needs to show its value first?</span></p>

• redstar92

09 July, 2020 - 10:44 pm

<p>Hey Brad, awesome show always :)</p><p><br></p><ol><li>When is Surface Duo coming out? Any hints from Microsoft? Keep hearing about this early release but complete silence from Microsoft.</li><li>One thing that has been annoying me to no end lately with MSFT has been the announcements of product functionality (Teams, Office and Azure are biggest offenders here) that does not actually become available until months later. Whats the deal with this Brad? Have you ever talked to Microsoft about this?</li><li>Last one, is there any way to change the user name on Thurrot.com?</li></ol><p><br></p><p>Thanks for everything you do and what car are you looking to buy?</p><p><br></p><p>Cheers,</p><p>Gordan</p><p><br></p>

• howtheothergeeklives

09 July, 2020 - 11:40 pm

<p>How feasible would it be to create an "EdgeOS" system with curated android aps and PWA's in the windows store?</p>

• Usman

Premium Member
    10 July, 2020 - 5:39 am

<p>Another Question in addition to car questions. Last year there's was lots of speculation of LiteOS / 10X. Half way through the year, it's pretty quite and pretty much back to the drawing board. What is the current situation/purpose of 10X / Lite in the current landscape considering how iPad OS has glowed up over the past 5 years.</p><p><br></p><p>Do you think they should have spent the past 10 years building a simple robust OS instead of chipping away at windows to get it smaller. Hindsight is 2020</p>

• Gowtham

10 July, 2020 - 8:29 am

<p>With all the surface duo photos around the Internet from top Microsoft people, I am starting to think that the surface duo's design is actually different than what they are actually showing in these pictures(like better design with less bezels). Is there any possibility for this?? </p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC