Questions for 7-12

Drop them here.

Conversation 8 comments

• scottkuhl

11 July, 2019 - 4:04 pm

<p>If Microsoft is no longer putting any major effort in UWP, what do you think their next major move will be? </p><p><br></p><p>PWA's are not great for all types of apps yet. S<span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">ome things like ink support are just not there. Compare the OneNote UWP client to the OneNote web client for example. And g</span>etting developers to adopt JavaScript as their primary development tool in the WIndows 8 era went over like a lead balloon.</p><p><br></p><p>Are we looking at an eventual Blazor + Electron future? That seems like years for them to create feature parity with their existing UI frameworks. I can't see anything but UWP being ready for the new Windows Core / Lite if they are launching next year.</p><p><br></p><p>As a developer starting a new Windows project right now, I feel like any framework I bet on to build Windows apps is a long term loser destined for a rewrite in a year.</p>

• drunken geit

11 July, 2019 - 4:57 pm

<p>whats your thoughts on the switch lite. </p>

• MrPKI

11 July, 2019 - 5:09 pm

<p>Two part question: (1) Is Windows Lite going to support Android Apps? and (2) If yes, is the next mobile platform from Microsoft going to be based on Windows Lite? </p>

• ngc224

11 July, 2019 - 7:44 pm

<p>Is there a chance Microsoft will talk about anything remotely inspiring at Microsoft Inspire next week?</p>

• Pulagatha

12 July, 2019 - 5:50 am

<p>If both Windows Lite and Windows have a taskbar, how can users differentiate between the two? Is it possible with CShell and Windows becoming modular that the option for a dock will be present? Because it seems perfect for a desktop/tablet hybrid like Windows 10.</p><p><br></p><p>Also, Google's strengths are Google Search, YouTube, and Google Maps. Why copy ChromeOS if these are what make that platform appealing?</p><p><br></p><p>Is there any apps Microsoft is working on to concede with the release of Windows Lite?</p>

• ericpalms200

12 July, 2019 - 8:07 am

<p> Do you and Paul Thurrott do much grilling in the summer months when it's slow in the tech world? Also, you and Paul mentioned about getting the Nintendo switch lite. If you were to pick one up, what Nintendo exclusives would you play on the Switch lite first?</p>

• BTRProducer

Premium Member
    12 July, 2019 - 8:47 am

<p>Hi Brad – have you heard anything recently about the rumored Microsoft webcams that we heard about a year ago? I am very keen to update my old Microsoft LifeCam Studio, and wondered if these 4K webcams were still coming anytime soon?</p>

• team56th

12 July, 2019 - 8:50 am

<p>Is Microsoft going to scrap Lockhart board or are they planning to use it for something else? You were sure that Lockhart console is dead but was a little inconclusive about the board itself from what I remember. Is it going to be used for Azure Desktop? Maybe it will be used for some of the xCloud SKUs?</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC