Questions for 7/8?

Drop them here.

Conversation 6 comments

• Migui

07 July, 2022 - 2:16 pm

<p>It is confirmed that E3 will return next year. Do you think this wil actually happen? What changes should they include to fix all the problems they had?</p><p>One more question, When we will be enjoying tabs on the explorer?….I really need them!!!!</p>

• jnbck

07 July, 2022 - 2:54 pm

<p>do you think Microsoft will ever get away from the OEM model for selling most of their operating systems? It seems so ingrained in buying a new computer that windows comes with it but I didn’t know if you ever saw a future where you paid a subscription or windows just became completely free for home users.</p>

• arjay

07 July, 2022 - 7:11 pm

<p>I have often thought that the worst thing Microsoft ever did was to create IE and unnecessarily embed it in the system. A browser is an app. They could have made it an app, and still beat Netscape by making the app free. But Bill Gates was not just satisfied to win; he had to destroy the competition. (By the way, if you weren’t a commercial user, Netscape was free; I used it for years as a free app.)</p><p><br></p><p>If it worked better than Netscape, IE would still have won without the obvious monopolistic move of making it impossible to have a Windows system without IE. I think it’s entirely possible MSFT might have escaped the monopoly suit if they hadn’t been so bent on destruction.</p><p><br></p><p>Windows still has stuff in the OS that should be an app. I don’t get why they still do that.</p>

• sydney2k

08 July, 2022 - 1:11 am

<p>Hello Brad,</p><p><br></p><p>while the Series S has been freely available in stores for several months, it seems that for anyone wanting a Series X, the console is easier to find. It gets to stores, but sells out almost immediately. No longer are we talking about scarcity though. The Playstation 5, on the other hand, is still very hard to find and get.</p><p><br></p><p>Two questions: please correct me on your actual quote, but I think you said that "the winner of the console competition is how much easier it was to walk into a store and purchase a console." Has a winner been decided, and if not, how close is it to being decided.</p><p><br></p><p>Second question: do you think the Series consoles will have a price cut by the time the holiday shopping season starts?</p>

• Harrymyhre

Premium Member
    08 July, 2022 - 1:23 pm

<p>When you said “going to San Francisco”. Just IN case you don’t know. You will see parking meters. Dont even think of trying to find an open space. Pull into a pay for parking lot. </p><p>Or park at the Saint Francis hotel. Then take a taxi. Parking in SFO is almost as bad as NYC. Dont waste time hunting for parking. </p>

• mrpki

08 July, 2022 - 4:56 pm

<p>Does Xbox 360 consoles still work for online multi-player with other consoles or have they all been blocked from connecting?</p><p><br></p><p>On another note, are you hold off from buying any more Activision games to wait and see if they come free on GamePass in the future?</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC