Questions for 7/7 Podcast?

Drop them here.

Conversation 23 comments

• MrPKI

06 July, 2017 - 3:08 pm

<p>Were any engineering teams affected this week as part of the layoff announcements?</p>

• michaelmartinez

06 July, 2017 - 3:35 pm

<p>Regarding the acquisition of Cloudyn; will Microsoft make its cloud features Azure exclusive, or do you believe they will continue to operate fully with AWS, Openstack, etc.? </p>

• Martin Pelletier

Premium Member
    06 July, 2017 - 3:43 pm

<p>Will the EU target Microsoft again because Windows 10 S only support Edge as a browser?</p>

• adamcorbally

06 July, 2017 - 4:20 pm

<p>why are web apps acceptable in the windows 10 store but android ones not? Couldn't they wrap them and give them UWP features like they do with win32 apps? Especially the case as Microsoft has no phone play anymore and none of the major companies are making true uwp anymore- why resist </p><p><br></p>

• Rob7

06 July, 2017 - 6:02 pm

<p>so where is Microsoft headed……..:)</p>

• Biswajit Deb

06 July, 2017 - 7:50 pm

<p>1) For people desperately waiting for Microsoft's next attempt at mobile, which year and what time of year can we expect it so that people can decide whether or not to invest in a flagship Android/iPhone in the meantime, i.e. end of 2018, early 2019…end of 2019?</p>

• Biswajit Deb

06 July, 2017 - 7:53 pm

<p>2) Is a universal clipboard still on track for The Fall Creators Update?</p>

• TheJoeFin

Premium Member
    06 July, 2017 - 9:27 pm

<p>Do you know if any examples of good AI in popular Microsoft products? (obviously not in their spam detection)</p>

• wunderbar

Premium Member
    06 July, 2017 - 10:18 pm

<p>is there a way to not get an email for comment notifications on the site? I like the notifications on the site itself, but really don't need an email for every one.</p>

• hrlngrv

Premium Member
      07 July, 2017 - 1:54 am

<p><a href="#136465"><em>In reply to wunderbar:</em></a></p><p>You could do it manually. Click on the notification bell to expand its drop-down, click on Settings in the upper-right of the drop-down, and that'll take you to the new notification dashboard. Then for through each page on each tab, setting e-mail notifications to Never.</p><p>PITA you say? Agreed. It'd be nice if the account profile page included an option for notifications letting us choose Never as the e-mail notification default. Maybe in another year.</p>

• ChristopherCollins

Premium Member
    06 July, 2017 - 11:42 pm

<p>Brad, will you revisit the audio situation? In particular, what seems to be extreme clipping on you in the beginning today (7/6) and the constant drops of audio? Sometimes it is you and sometimes it is Paul. I actually returned an HP Spectre X360 as I thought it was that machine.</p><p><br></p><p>Not bringing it up to bitch. I honestly listen to the show each day you and Paul do one and it is a big part of why I pay. If GFQ is still mixing this down, the problems must be on the processing/mic side with you or Paul. It seemed like they had Axia gear, so there mic mixing should be far better than what is on the show.</p><p><br></p><p>Even if you can't talk about it on the show, please see if it can be fixed or minimized. Thank you!</p>

• Brad Sams

Premium Member
      07 July, 2017 - 2:21 pm

<blockquote><a href="#136470"><em>In reply to ChristopherCollins:</em></a></blockquote><p>There was an audio issue on the show yesterday…hopefully it isnt present on today's episode.</p>

• ChristopherCollins

Premium Member
        08 July, 2017 - 5:04 pm

<blockquote><a href="#137025"><em>In reply to brad-sams:</em></a></blockquote><p>Friday was better. There is another podcast you do… I listened to a piece of it today from another site. The audio on that was spectacular. It looked like you were using a Yeti on that one. I'm not sure of the cast, but the audio was superb.</p>

• Brad Sams

Premium Member
          08 July, 2017 - 9:29 pm

<blockquote><a href="#139407"><em>In reply to ChristopherCollins:</em></a></blockquote><p>It's the setup I suspect…for FRD we have to go over Skype and we use wireless mics. For the Sams Report, it's all local with wired mics which makes a difference.</p>

• dalyIsaac

Premium Member
    07 July, 2017 - 12:56 am

<p>How much do you think Progressive Web Apps will impact the Windows app ecosystem?</p>

• Wigmundo

07 July, 2017 - 8:46 am

<p>Where is story remix? Will it be another app that doesn't materialise…?</p>

• jlv632

07 July, 2017 - 8:51 am

<p>This might be a classic case of Microsoft doing things 90% of the way and saying "meh… good enough" but whatever happened to Podcasts? The app on Windows phone is coming up to 3 years with no update and it makes logically sense to roll this function into Groove. </p><p><br></p><p>Any ideas on things you've heard on the down-low? Currently using "Podcasts!" as I don't find gProdder meets my needs and will full respect to 3rd Party clients who can do this… it's hard to beat a built in function that could "Just Work"</p>

• Wigmundo

07 July, 2017 - 8:52 am

<blockquote><a href="#136540"><em>In reply to jlv632:</em></a></blockquote><p>Grover Pro is pretty decent – but I agree it should be part of Groove, along with audio books etc etc…</p>

• jmeiii75

Premium Member
    07 July, 2017 - 9:09 am

<p>Hey, guys. I was just wondering if we could talk about the First Ring Daily RSS feed. I have tried adding the feed to PocketCasts based on the instructions provided in the forum, which works, but only loads the first nine episodes. Granted, I always watch the episodes directly on the site, but it would be nice to have this option. I know that others have had this situation as well. Any ideas? Thanks. Have a great weekend. </p>

• MerlinE.

07 July, 2017 - 9:23 am

<p>What is up with the new Surface Pen, especially in color? Did Microsoft underestimate the demand? Do they have Quality issues or do they just like to drop the ball…</p>

• chart8006

07 July, 2017 - 9:39 am

<p>I hope Microsoft is working on the sleep / hibernation problem I've had with my Surface Pro M3. A lot of people complaining, but only one seemingly official comment that they are looking at it so far. Anyone else had a problem?</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC