Questions for 8/10

Sorry to hear that Newton is biting the dust. I know that you and Paul don’t use Outlook for your email but why is that? I know that Outlook is cluttered with LOTS of features that most people don’t use–but I just ignore them. Just curious as to if you have any SPECIFIC reasons why you don’t use Outlook. I live in Outlook all day long and have developed a good workflow with it. Also use the Outlook IOS app as well–so everything syncs to all devices.

Conversation 8 comments

• Richard55

09 August, 2018 - 1:42 pm

<p>1) where is my modern explorer. They skinned it black. That is not modern. Any rumors about a modern shell? or did it really take 3 years for them to skin something black?</p>

• Pulagatha

09 August, 2018 - 1:52 pm

<p>Are you disappointed with the dark theme? Shouldn't Microsoft make the UWP File Explorer more featured, If just to have a modern "open dialog" window for the universal apps? Windows is a mess right now.</p>

• gregsedwards

Premium Member
    09 August, 2018 - 1:57 pm

<p>Can you tell us what you know about keyboard and mouse support coming to Xbox? I'm trying to transition away from Windows 10 HTPCs and over to Xbox, but my wife isn't a huge fan of the controller-based navigation. The media remote is fine for most navigation, but sucks for the on-screen keyboard. I have a Microsoft Wireless Media Keyboard that I'd like to use, and while the keyboard itself works fine, the integrated trackpad isn't currently supported. I've been able to discover most keystroke analogs here an there, but actually being able to use a pointer on the screen throughout the UI would be ideal.</p>

• mmcpher

Premium Member
    09 August, 2018 - 2:05 pm

<p>Newton Android and Desktop alternatives? With that Note 9 pricing, is Samsung even trying to induce us Note 8 users to upgrade? They have gone to a lot of bother to get us mildly interested but promptly douse us with a bucket-full of over-pricing. I'm saving my dollars for Andromeda (hope springs morosely eternal).</p>

• WilliamDFord

09 August, 2018 - 3:19 pm

<p>Who is going to win the Universal Championship at WWE Summer Slam?</p><p>Brock Lesner vs Roman Reigns</p>

• dtcpss

09 August, 2018 - 7:48 pm

<p>How is Surface Go's battery life compared to Surface Pro 3/4 ?</p>

• dtcpss

09 August, 2018 - 7:52 pm

<p> Will we see a bigger touchpad on this year's Surface Pro refresh since Surface Go has a huge one for its size</p>

• dtcpss

09 August, 2018 - 8:04 pm

<p>Will Surface Studio 2 get a new design (like Hub 2) or just a processor upgrade</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC