Questions for 8 21?

Questions for the podcast? Drop them here.

Conversation 10 comments

• thrustbucket

20 August, 2020 - 12:21 pm

<p>1) After things shown at hotchips regarding Series X cost relative to the cost of the X at launch, the price leak online, many are firmly in the $599 camp for Series X now. How likely do you think that is? </p><p><br></p><p>2) This game of chicken with Sony on price is getting old and is obviously holding up the Series S announcement. Make a bet on how it will play out and who will fold first. How likely is it the Series S doesn't launch this year?</p>

• mauerque

20 August, 2020 - 12:22 pm

<p>Hey Brad, (username is pronounced "Mark")</p><p><br></p><p>Couple questions for you, if you don't mind: </p><p><br></p><p>1) Do you know why the Game Pass version of Microsoft Flight Sim doesn't update through the store, or seem to behave like a regular store game? </p><p><br></p><p>2) If you had to pick, which hypothetical purchase by Microsoft would be less bad? Buying ARM or buying the Tiktoks? </p><p><br></p><p>Thanks! </p>

• Markfurry

20 August, 2020 - 12:55 pm

<p>Do you think that some of the iOS 14 features are available because Windows phone died and Apple is able to include features that might have been blocked by their cross-licensing with Microsoft? WP died Jan 2019 which makes sense as it probably would have taken longer than they had for iOS 13 to sort out the legal implications and write the new code. </p>

• mrpki

20 August, 2020 - 12:58 pm

<p>Believe it or not, I actually have a serious question this week: what is the difference the various headsets for XBox controllers? Some require the Xbox adapter, some do not. How can this matrix of choices be more easily understood? Is there an article on Thurrott.com on this challenge?</p>

• Robteaboy

20 August, 2020 - 12:58 pm

<p>A while back you talked with Paul on the podcast about getting Surface Headphones. Did they ever come in? Any thoughts?</p>

• dsamuilov

Premium Member
    20 August, 2020 - 1:30 pm

<p>Brad, do you think xcloud may be possible as a PWA on iOS if Apple does not change its position of not allowing game streaming? I am not sure if there are streaming solutions that are PWA in the market today. </p><p>This type of solution could work on a number of different devices in the long run as well.</p><p>Feel free to discuss this with Paul on FRD as well (or others with technical reach at MS). Would this be a good seed to plant on Microsoft’s tech team’s minds?</p><p>Thanks,</p><p>DS</p>

• sydney2k

20 August, 2020 - 9:34 pm

<p>Hello Brad,</p><p><br></p><p>I watched your video about the issues at 343 Industries and the delay of Halo Infinite- very interesting. This week also saw the on-time launch of Microsoft Flight Simulator, to huge critical praise.</p><p><br></p><p>I think it should be fine now to discuss it, how was your time during the alpha phase of Microsoft Flight Simulator, and how did you feel the developers and the alpha phase testers interacted with each other? Also, is there anything 343 Industries could learn and implement going forward with Halo Infinite from the experiences of Asobo and Microsoft Flight Simulator?</p>

• Gowtham

20 August, 2020 - 10:21 pm

<p>Hey Brad, If windows 10x fails (like other attempts) , Do you see yourself shifting to Mac on Apple silicon? Since you already use iPhone, Apple watch, Apple TV, Apple Pay etc.,</p>

• jlv632

20 August, 2020 - 10:35 pm

<p>Hi Brad,</p><p><br></p><p>When will "Movies and TV" die? Surely the last nail in the coffin was the Duo not having support for the platform? While I'm sure apps were under developments a few years back, it's just a corpse right now and Microsoft should be announcing a way to migrate our purchases off the platform. I get that "Movies Anywhere" is an option but that doesn't exist outside of North America.</p><p><br></p><p>2nd Random one, what is the music app on the Duo? I assume they don't make a "Groove" like player which is the Windows UWP app? </p>

• jficara

21 August, 2020 - 4:22 am

<p>Hi Brad,</p><p><br></p><p>My name is Joe. Love the Sams report, first ring daily and especially all the specials you have been adding lately great work!</p><p><br></p><p>Questions:</p><p><br></p><p>Which console marketing campaign do you feel is generating more energy and excitement Sony’s or Microsoft’s?</p><p><br></p><p>Where do you feel each has missed on their console marketing so far?</p><p><br></p><p>And finally:</p><p><br></p><p>Beyond price, as we get closer to the launches, do you anticipate either has anything up their sleeve that will make one leap further ahead of the other in terms of excitement and what do you speculate that might be or is it mostly about price at this point?</p><p><br></p><p>Thanks so very much!</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC