Questions for 8 9 19

Drop them here.

Conversation 11 comments

• MrPKI

08 August, 2019 - 10:57 am

<p>Is the Surface Go ever going to drop in price to make it an attractive low end travel device alternative?</p>

• AnOldAmigaUser

Premium Member
      08 August, 2019 - 12:58 pm

<blockquote><em><a href="#448099">In reply to MrPKI:</a></em></blockquote><p>And, as a followup, is it likely they will refresh the Surface Go with a faster chip, SSD, and smaller bezels at the current price? The entry level Surface Pro is often priced very near the Go, but the smaller size of the Go is still preferable for travelling light.</p>

• drunken geit

08 August, 2019 - 11:36 am

<p>with the samsung partnership going on do you think we will see other companies doing the same? Also with skype being removed for business will we see a slow death of the service before it gets bundled into another software. </p>

• Andres

08 August, 2019 - 12:01 pm

<p>Hi Brad!</p><p>After yesterday's announcement regarding the partnership with Samsung and all that talk about mobility, W10 on ARM and new experiences and devices…</p><p><br></p><p>Do you think this could mean Samsung could be the first to show a Pegasus or even centaurus devices running lite OS in the near future?</p><p><br></p><p>Maybe even phones that run Lite OS with Android apps when docked in a big screen with mouse support, like the Dex mode currently does with the note 10+</p><p><br></p><p>Because they both do really make great hardware, but lack a mobile OS and Samsung's new tablet and/or Surface go 2 could really benefit from a fresh OS instead of Android/w 10</p><p><br></p><p>I'd love to hear your thoughts and see if you can dig up and find what's going on behind walls at Redmond.</p><p><br></p><p>Thanks!!</p>

• davidtravis

08 August, 2019 - 1:29 pm

<p>Hey Brad, I was wondering why you are moving from Apple Music to Spotify when it will work on your Apple watch. We use Apple Music family plan and now I am wondering if I am missing a reason I should change. BTW, Parental controls are very important in our family.</p>

• mauerque

08 August, 2019 - 3:25 pm

<p>Hi Brad,</p><p><br></p><p>It seems like the trend in laptops is to go thinner and lighter at all costs. Do you have any feeling for why this is? To me, thinness and weight improvements have rapidly diminishing returns, especially when thermals, keyboard quality, and battery size are sacrificed. Maybe I'm just in the minority on this? </p><p><br></p><p>Thanks!</p><p><br></p><p>-Marc</p>

• will

Premium Member
    08 August, 2019 - 4:32 pm

<p>Hey Brad I was not sure how up to date you are on the Surface Hub lines but I wanted to find out if the gen 1 version of the hub will be getting the same software as the new Surface Hub 2s? Microsoft mentioned they were working to update the first generation hubs and I wanted to see if you knew when or if this might happen? Thanks</p>

• ErichK

Premium Member
    08 August, 2019 - 6:51 pm

<p>Brad, have you done any programming in your career, or even on your own, and if so, what languages did you use or like to use?</p>

• Daishi

Premium Member
    08 August, 2019 - 7:52 pm

<p>After your comments earlier this week about your experience trying to use a Surface Go as a pure tablet, I was wonder if you thought there was any prospect of Microsoft actually taking Tablet Mode seriously and making the touch interface better?</p><p><br></p><p>I know we are all meant to hate Windows 8 for ruining the desktop experience, but I can’t help noticing that as a tablet OS it was vastly superior to 10 and, despite having a fully separated, dedicated ‘mode’ in the new system that they could play around with to make it the best possible touch experience without offending the mouse and keyboard users, they don’t seem to be putting any effort into improving it. Given that they appear to be committed to the Surface Pro/Go style of devices and that hybrid designs of other kinds are now well established in the industry, do you think they will or should put in more effort to potentially make them a viable option as people’s only tablet?</p>

• brothernod

Premium Member
    08 August, 2019 - 9:21 pm

<p>So at the Samsung event they announced this nifty ARM laptop they claim is nearly as fast as an i5, id bet the GPU is way closer to an iPad than my Surface Pro, and it has instant on. </p><p><br></p><p>The Galaxy Note 10 also offer near instant note taking with a screen off note taking mode.</p><p><br></p><p><br></p><p>long story short, is there any hope of Microsoft releasing a Surface with 0 lag from off to note taking? The delay from picking up my surface pro 5 to writing something down really ruins my attempts to replace paper with it. </p>

• brothernod

Premium Member
    09 August, 2019 - 10:56 am

<p>Is Skype dead? Last night I tried to get a friend who wanted to FaceTime to use Skype on their Xbox with Kinect and the experience was awful. Couldn’t even start a video chat from a party. The app is constantly in flux and they seem to be replacing it with Teams for business. So is Skype dying?</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC