Google today delivered the Pixel Update for April 2022, and it looks like Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro users won’t have to wait to get it for a change.
“We have provided the monthly software update for April 2022,” the Google Pixel Support Team writes in a new post to the Pixel Phone Help support site. “All supported Pixel devices running Android 12 will receive these software updates starting today. The rollout will continue over the next week in phases depending on carrier and device. Users will receive a notification once the OTA becomes available for their device. We encourage you to check your Android version and update to receive the latest software.”
Changes and fixes in this release include:
Battery and power. Additional improvements for wireless charging performance with certain accessories on Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro only.
Camera. A fix for an issue causing front-facing camera preview in certain apps to appear zoomed in, and a fix for an issue occasionally causing a green screen to appear in camera preview, both on Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro only.
User interface. Here, Google has delivered several updates for all supported Pixels, including:
- Fix for a crash in System UI while using apps in Picture-in-Picture (PIP) mode in certain conditions.
- Fix for issue causing an error message to display when setting up certain live wallpapers.\
- Fix for issue causing notification shade and Quick Settings to appear invisible after changing wallpaper in certain conditions.
- Fix for issue occasionally causing an animation to display incorrectly when canceling a search in the app drawer.
- Fix for issue occasionally preventing navigation in overview screen while TalkBack is active.
- Fix for issue occasionally preventing recents button to show the overview while using 3-button navigation with third-party launchers.
- This month’s Android security fixes.
Supported Pixels include the Pixel 3a, Pixel 3a XL, Pixel 4, Pixel 4 XL, Pixel 4a, Pixel 4a (5G), Pixel 5, Pixel 5a (5G), Pixel 6, and Pixel 6 Pro.