Microsoft is shipping a big new build of Windows 10 Redstone 5 following Build 2018 today. The new build of Windows 10 includes a bunch of big new features, some of which was demoed at Build just yesterday. Here’s a list:
- Improvements to Sets:
- Sets now includes Acrylic.
- Alt + Tab now shows recent Microsoft Edge tabs as separate windows, but you can disable it from settings.
- You can now choose to make apps and websites open in a new tab or window in Settings.
- You can now mute Edge tabs from Sets.
- Cloud Clipboard is here: a new clipboard experience in Windows 10 that keeps track of what you copy and makes it accessible across all your Windows 10 devices. It doesn’t work with Android or iOS yet.
- File Explorer finally includes a full-fledged dark theme.
- Notepad now supports Unix, Linux, Macintosh line endings. It also includes a new option in the Edit context menu that lets you search for things on Bing.
- Richer search previews: Windows 10’s default Search previews now show richer results, so you can see your recent documents in Word or create a new meeting on Outlook right form the search dialog.
- You can now name tile folders on the Start Menu.
This is probably the first big Redstone 5 build Microsoft has released so far. It includes a couple of major new features as well as some other minor tweaks, but those looking to try out the new Your Phone experience will have to wait a bit longer. If you are in the Fast Ring of the Insider Program, make sure to grab the new build, 17666, from Windows Update.