Another week, another build, Microsoft has pushed out a new version of Windows 10 to Insiders who are in the Fast ring and you can download it now by going to Windows Update and searching for the release. This time around it is build 14267 and it comes with a few new features.
In this release, Microsoft has made it easier to search for music with Cortana. If you open Cortana and click the music icon in the top right corner, Cortana will listen and then be able to identify the song that is playing.
In Edge, you can now right click and have it only show the favicon and add new folders to the favorites bar. Additionally, you can now have Edge clear browsing data when you exit the application; you are able to define what is cleared upon close. There is also an improved download prompt in the browser, when you start a download, you can select where to save the file.
In the Messaging app, you can now attach photos to your Skype messages or you can have the camera app take a photo too.
Bug Fixes in the release:
- Choosing “Reset This PC” under Settings > Update & Security > Recovery should now work as expected.
- You should no longer see a WSClient.dll error dialog after logging in.
- The front-facing camera should be usable again on PCs with Intel RealSense cameras and you should be able to use Windows Hello again.
- We fixed an issue where incorrect storage capacity was provided for the system volume (the hard drive in which Windows is installed on) under Settings > System > Storage.
- Remove all the virtual network adapters connected to the vswitch, delete the vswitch and recreate it, then reconnect their virtual NIC to the new vswitch.
- Admin command prompt, do “netcfg -d” will wipe-out all the vswitch settings so that you can start from scratch.
Let us know if you run into any new issues with this release or if you happen to find any secrets that could unveil upcoming features to the platform. You can read the announcement post for this release, here.
Tagged with Windows 10