The shipping version of Windows 10—version 1511—has been updated today with a new cumulative update that brings the version number up to 10586.218, matching a similar release on Windows 10 Mobile.
Here’s what’s new in this update, which arrives via KB3147458. It’s just quality improvements and security fixes, no new features.
- Improved reliability for Internet Explorer 11, .NET Framework, wireless LAN, Microsoft Edge, Windows Update, logon, Bluetooth, network connectivity, map apps, video playback, Cortana, USB, Windows Explorer, and Narrator.
- Fixed issue with connectivity of USB devices until OS restart.
- Improved discoverability of printers when a device resumes from sleep.
- Fixed issues with lock screen.
- Fixed issue with audio playback using Groove music and other music apps on a phone.
- Fixed issue with revised daylight savings time.
- Fixed additional issues with shutdown delays, Narrator, Cortana, roaming data usage, buying apps in the Store, video playback, facial recognition, Bluetooth pairing, Microsoft Edge, logon, Internet Explorer 11, Live Tile updates, .NET Framework, and Microsoft Installer (MSI).
- Improved security for CSRSS to address security feature bypass.
- Fixed additional security issues with Security Account Manager Remote Protocol, HTTP.sys, secondary logon, Microsoft Graphics component, .NET Framework, CSRSS, Microsoft Edge, and Internet Explorer 11.