Microsoft has released a new build of Windows 10 today for Fast ring, both desktop and mobile, users which you can grab now by searching for the update using Windows update. In this release, there are a couple of new features, a new icon and improvements to Ink.
For those of you who use LastPass, this extension is now available to Edge users; expect to see more extensions come online as we approach the Anniversary update release this summer.
For those on the enterprise side of the coin, you can now use Docker natively with Windows 10 via Hyper-V containers. If this is your type of thing, you can find the documentation to get started with this feature, here.
Windows Ink is getting several updates that are listed below:
- The Windows Ink ruler is now long enough to span diagonally across the entire Surface Book display.
- Microsoft fixed an issue with the Windows Ink pencil tool, where the line when drawing along the ruler wouldn’t be flush with the ruler as well as an issue resulting in a slight flicker visible in the colored section when opening the Pen, Pencil or Highlighter flyout.
- Microsoft updated the Touch Inking icon in Windows Ink Workspace to be more reminiscent of the Windows Ink Workspace icon.
- Microsoft improved the performance of loading the Sketchpad thumbnail in the Windows Ink Workspace flyout from the taskbar.
- Based on Insider feedback, the “clear all” option more discoverable in Sketch Pad as the trash can icon in the menu bar. This was previously accessible as an option under the Erase button.
There have been a few small updates to the settings panel including improved theme support, increasing the size of text, added a small block of color next to the Settings section you have selected, and expanding the target for the Home button.
In this release, there are two new icons: Blu-ray icon has been updated and the Network icon in the action center has been refined.
If you do download this build, and I still don’t recommend it yet for your daily driver, let us know in the comments below if you had any issues with installation or bugs post install.
You can find the release notes, here.