Surprise! Yes, it’s a Saturday night, but Microsoft has shipped a new build of the Windows 10 Insider Preview for both PC and Mobile. Build 14385 comes just two days after the previous build and includes a wide range of fixes, as you might expect.
“Wait – it’s the weekend!?” Microsoft’s Dona Sarkar joked in her announcement post. “We’re churning out builds like crazy and this one has a few hundred bug fixes we wanted to get out to Insiders as quickly as possible to help validate scenarios to make sure we are together building the best possible product.”
Among the fixes for PC are:
- No more Windows expiration pop-ups, which was a weird bug in the past few builds.
- Improved battery life for Surface devices.
- Fixes for an issue with Edgeextensions that cause LastPass and AdBlock to not display context menu items correctly.
And Mobile picks up its share of fixes too, of course. Top fixes include:
- PDFs work correctly with Microsoft Edge again: You can use touch to interact with a PDF file without it constantly reloading the PDF.
- Improved battery life for older devices like the Lumia 830, 930, and 1520.
- Fixed an issue where setting the SIM name on a dual SIM phone would sometimes fail.
There are of course some known issues too, but nothing major on either platform. Check out the original blog post for more info.
Tagged with Windows 10 Mobile