Apple is expected to announce a plethora of new hardware sometime next month. Some of what Apple is planning to launch at the event has already been leaked, but more details about the upcoming products are being revealed in a new report by Bloomberg today.
The company is also working on refreshed iPad Pros, low-end iPad, Apple Watch Series 5, 16-inch MacBook Pro for this year, as well as new AirPods 3 and HomePod Mini for 2020.
Anwyay, here’s everything you need to know about the new iPhones:
- The new 2019 iPhones will feature a “Pro” branding and succeed the iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and the iPhone XR.
- They will feature Apple’s new A13 processor that includes a co-processor codenamed AMX that will handle a lot of the computation heavy tasks and help improve performance for computer vision and AR-related tasks.
- They will all feature upgraded cameras:
- Successors to the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max will feature a three-camera setup on the back, with a new sensor for capturing ultra-wide-angle photos and videos that also uses AI to automatically correct pictures and adjust the field of view after a shot is taken. They will also allow for higher resolution pictures and improve low-light shots. They will also feature upgraded video recording features that allow users to retouch, alter colors, reframe, apply effects, and more while the video is being recorded.
- The successor to the iPhone XR, the cheapest of the three iPhones, will feature a second camera for optical zoom and enhanced portrait mode.
- A new multi-angle Face ID sensor will allow for a larger field of view that allows users to unlock their device with their face even when the device is lying flat on a table.
- The design of all the new phones will remain identical to the current generation of iPhones, though Apple will launch a new matte version for some models that will be more durable due to new shatter-resistance tech on the back. The company also plans a green color for the successor to the iPhone XR.
- All the phones will feature a new reverse wireless charging system that will allow users to charge other devices wirelessly by putting the device against their new iPhones, kind of like Samsung’s Galaxy phones.
- They will also feature new OLED screens without Apple’s 3D Touch tech that’s being replaced with Haptic Touch, a system Apple debuted on the iPhone XR last year.
- Improved water resistance for all the new models that will allow users to submerge their device underwater for longer than 30 minutes.
And that’s pretty much all we know about the 2019 iPhones so far. These new devices are expected to go on sale next month. We still don’t have a concrete idea of how the new devices will look, though that will probably change as we get closer to the event, which is expected to take place on the 10th of September. Apple is yet to officially announce the event.