Apologies for the delay on communicating this, I’ve been in NYC all week working our NYC teammates on making Thurrott.com Better while the rest of the team is in Amsterdam.
- There was a certain situation where the comment count on article pages was incorrect. This has been addressed
- Last released introduced a new log in form. Certain 3rd party browser extensions were interfering with the z-index calculation of that overlay form. In these cases the overlay was not usable. This has been addressed (Since I can’t test all 3rd party extensions, if you see this issue please contact us and let us know which extensions you’re using).
- A JS error was thrown in cases where no comments were loaded on the page. This has been addressed.
- There were some formatting issues that have been fixed in Internet Explorer
- A small handful of user’s (5 I believe) comments were being falsely identified as SPAM. We have adjusted settings and it appears to have fixed this issue.
- Some users reported issues in regards to their 3 free articles per month. This has been addressed.
- You can now subscribe for $7 month (in addition to $64 a year).
- Related to this, we have expanded the subscription management section of your “My Account” page. We will continue to enhance this portion of the site
- We have introduced a live chat for the live First Ring Daily shows on Friday. You can access that chat by going to https://www.thurrott.com/live
- We are tweaking the design of links across the site with the primary intention of making links in posts more visible
- Various “under-the-hood” tweaks that, in theory, should improve site performance
In The Pipeline
- Thurrott Now Micro Blog. This has been “in the pipeline” for a while now, front-end designs are complete and we hope to have this out very soon.
- Improved Account Management Screens
- Improved checkout screens
- User notifications for comments and replies
Lastly, and most importantly…