Microsoft should bring back Windows Phone! Here is a 11 step revival plan, to bring it back!
- Drop the Windows Phone name, and call it “Surface Phone”
- Use the Windows 11 kernel/system and Android sub-system, and port it onto phone hardware
- Quietly relaunch it on Microsoft’s website and into stores. No special events, only word of mouth (blogs, new websites, social media)
- Have the full set of Windows 11 applications (paint, file explorer), along with android apps.
- Use the Surface tablets, as the design template (obvious)
- Don’t advertise like in the past. Just advertise “Surface Phone”, the way Google does with the Pixel.
- Sell the Surface Phone, as a phone that transforms into a full PC, with mouse and keyboard support. Something more utilitarian than Android and iPhone.
- Price it competitively below most high end Android and iPhones.
- Only two models, a 128GB and 256GB with expandable storage
- Emulate the camera quality of the previous Luminas.
- Have full fledged Office Apps, that transform into desktop apps, when plugged into a monitor. This would be great selling point.
Microsoft certainly has the resources, to relaunch Windows Phone again! Hopefully they will sometime in the future.