Terry Myerson 2013 interview about Windows phones

I was thinking about Terry Myerson, feeling sad that he has left Microsoft, and about the sad state of Windows today, so I searched about him and found this old interview about Windows Phone, and I decided to share it with you:

https://www.mobileworldlive.com/videos/interview-windows-phones-terry-myerson/

Conversation 5 comments

• James Burns

15 January, 2019 - 10:09 am

<p>A six year old interview? What is the purpose of such old news? Why not a ten year old interview with Steve Balmer? And why feel sad about Myerson's departure? Men and women move on to new challenges. Nothing stays the same OR it dies.</p>

• xperiencewindows

15 January, 2019 - 11:14 am

<p>Windows Phone/Windows 10 Mobile has been dead for 3 years. . . </p>

• Paul Thurrott

Premium Member
    15 January, 2019 - 11:21 am

<p>This is like you've ripped off the scab, let it heal, and then came back and deliberately cut that spot again years later. :)</p><p><br></p>

• timo47

Premium Member
    15 January, 2019 - 2:16 pm

<p>I'm not sure why we should be feeling sad that this guy has left Microsoft? Every product under his leadership has failed in one way or another. Windows Phone being a prime example (although he's not the only to blame for that one).</p><p>And if you're referring to ads in the OS, forced upgrades, preinstalled junk apps for the current sad state of Windows, then those are all things that were introduced while Myerson was in charge. So again, why be sad he's gone?</p><p>Of course we'll have to see what the split of the former Windows division will mean in the long term for the product, but for me it's clear that Windows was going nowhere but down with Myerson.</p><p><br></p>

• jimchamplin

Premium Member
      15 January, 2019 - 5:25 pm

<blockquote><em><a href="#397106">In reply to timo47:</a></em></blockquote><p>Apparently the split has led to an immediate, marked degredation of the level of fit and finish. I'll give a vague reference toward the attempt I gave up on to get the Windows team to even notice that the top 1-pixel border of UWP apps is the wrong color…</p><p><br></p><p>I even pointed it out personally on Twitter and got no response.</p><p><br></p><p>It's not like Microsoft ever gave a crap about finishing the job but now hey don't even give the pretense that they care.</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC