Calendar support in Windows 11

Is anyone else struggling to cope with the calendar updates in Windows 11?

The updates, or rather, removal of events in the calendar pop-up on the taskbar have made it harder for me to be productive and on top of my events. What’s worse is the piece of garbage distraction that Widgets is, is neither a faster nor a more productive alternative. Its a distraction and the events themselves don’t even open to anything.

So, what’s the alternative? The Calendar app in Mail and Calendar? haha, It’s funny because I am truly giving the Calendar app a shot here. It does a poor job and a heck of a lot of space to show, what is, a few lines of calendar events.

I’m really curious to know what your calendar solution is in Windows 11.

Conversation 3 comments

• hrlngrv

Premium Member
    19 September, 2021 - 4:31 pm

<p>What’s the alternative?</p><p><br></p><p>In a work context, how many Windows users aren’t using MS Office, so not using Outlook? FWLIW, Windows 11 isn’t coming to my work laptop until late 2023 at the absolute earliest, and far more likely sometime in 2024. No chance at all I’d be using Windows 11 at home more than running Insider builds in a VM.</p><p><br></p><p>For myself for personal matters, I have both a phone and use Linux more than Windows at home. I’ve been using Evolution for years under Linux. Admitted it looks like 20-year-old software, so definitely not for everyone. Serious question: for PERSONAL calendars, who uses a PC first and a phone second these days? You may, but if so would you represent an appreciable % of non-work PC users?</p>

• wright_is

Premium Member
      20 September, 2021 - 5:09 am

<p>Yeah, I tend to use Kontact, but Evolution is also very good.</p>

• usman

Premium Member
    20 September, 2021 - 3:55 am

<p>I currently don’t have a solution, I only use my personal account on Windows 11, whereas my work account is in a Windows 10 install where I do use the time and calendar flyout extensively. </p><p><br></p><p>I’m shocked to see there’s no interaction, with the default calendar, however, it could be that they changed the Calendar API, so the calendar app doesn’t sync to the Calendar UI just yet?</p><p><br></p><p>I never use the calendar app directly, I use the outlook.com/outlook web app to manage my calendar options and only use that Calendar flyout in Windows 10 to see what I have later in the day.</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC