Will Windows 10 ever get native caldav / carddav support?

I use FastMail for email, calendars, and contacts. Windows 10 not having native caldav / carddav support is really the only thing keeping me from switching from Mac OS to Windows 10 full-time.

Conversation 8 comments

24 December, 2016 - 11:33 am

<p>When you say native do you mean for accounts other than Google Mail which does have support for carddav &amp; caldav in Windows 10 mail?</p>

Premium Member
      27 December, 2016 - 7:50 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#31872">In reply to </a><a href="../../../../users/nightmare99">nightmare99</a><a href="#31872">:</a></em></blockquote>
      <blockquote><em>Yes, but no support for calendars or contacts as far as I can tell. I’ve tried a few work arounds, but have come up empty handed.</em></blockquote>

27 December, 2016 - 9:06 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#32094">In reply to </a><a href="../../../../users/RobotRaccoon">RobotRaccoon</a><a href="#32094">:</a></em></blockquote>
        <p>If you are talking about a google account then carddav and caldav do work and sync calendar &amp; contacts just fine.&nbsp; I’m sure they could add support for non Google accounts fairly easily (iCloud accounts also seem to support it).&nbsp; I have up voted this feedback for you in the feedback hub I suggest others do the same, here is the link <a title="Feedback" href="https://aka.ms/I34lgb">https://aka.ms/I34lgb</a></p&gt;

27 December, 2016 - 8:24 am

<p>unfortunately, I think not. I have been asking for this for years, at least for Outlook to support it, but nope .. nothing has happened. &nbsp;Really annoying actually.&nbsp;</p>

27 December, 2016 - 9:09 am

<p>I can’t believe Microsoft added carddav/caldav support for Google and iCloud accounts, but did not add it to the options when manually setting up a server. &nbsp;More and more services are using it such as OwnCloud, Fastmail, etc….<br /><br /><br /></p>

27 December, 2016 - 9:19 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#32123">In reply to </a><a href="../../../../users/RealDarrenCohen">RealDarrenCohen</a><a href="#32123">:</a></em></blockquote>
      <p>You could always purchase an Office 365 or Outlook premium subscription when they become available for proper exchange sync ;), its clear MS are in no rush to support CardDav/CalDav on all types f accounts.</p>

27 December, 2016 - 9:45 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#32124">In reply to </a><a href="../../../../users/nightmare99">nightmare99</a><a href="#32124">:</a></em></blockquote>
        <p>I pay for multiple subs "and proper exchange" support means what exactly? &nbsp;They already support the tech for Google, so why not others?</p>

27 December, 2016 - 9:54 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#32134">In reply to </a><a href="../../../../users/RealDarrenCohen">RealDarrenCohen</a><a href="#32134">:</a></em></blockquote>
          <p>IMHO exchange active sync is superior to the combination of IMAP/CardDav/CalDav, and I’m sure MS would rather you buy into their eco system ;)</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC