Questions for 2 05?

Questions for the podcast tomorrow? Drop them here.

Conversation 13 comments

• jnbck

04 February, 2021 - 3:08 pm

<p>Do you see Viva getting a lot of dev support? Are the modules going to be like a new app store for intra-company applications?</p>

• pastorwelker

04 February, 2021 - 3:36 pm

<p>Do you have an update as to when the Harman Kardon Invoke firmware update is going to drop? I thought it was supposed to happen in January.</p>

• anoldamigauser

Premium Member
    04 February, 2021 - 6:44 pm

<p>What do you think has happened to "Teams for Life"? Do you think they decided that it just wouldn't fly on a personal level, or are they still thinking about it? It seems to me that most people have chosen their messaging and video chat options already.</p>

• ngc224

04 February, 2021 - 7:25 pm

<p>Is the Surface “Duo” still going to be released in more markets this month?</p><p><br></p>

• shark47

04 February, 2021 - 7:31 pm

<p>Given the disappointing Surface numbers, do you think we’ll see a change in the strategy?</p><p><br></p>

• sydney2k

04 February, 2021 - 7:46 pm

<p>Hello Brad,</p><p><br></p><p>This is something that is closest to me geographically, so I thought I'd ask.&nbsp;Last month Thurrott.com reported that Google was threatening to pull their search engine from Australia, due to proposed legislation compelling Google to pay for news stories it currently takes for free.&nbsp;Earlier in the week, the Australian Prime Minister revealed that he had been in private conversation with Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella, and said that Nadella said that not only was Microsoft ready to step into the breach should Google Search leave, but also be willing to pay any fees required for the use of news stories.</p><p><br></p><p>My questions are these:</p><p><br></p><p>. What is your take on this, and do you think Google would take the plunge and leave; </p><p>. if the unthinkable happens and Googles takes its search engine out, in what ways could Microsoft take advantage of this; and</p><p>. would there be a surge in sales of VPN subscriptions?</p>

• jlv632

05 February, 2021 - 1:02 am

<blockquote><a href="#611790" style="font-style: italic;">In reply to sydney2k:</a> </blockquote><blockquote><br></blockquote><blockquote>I'll help them pack. Good riddance and would love to see them (Duck Duck) Go from Aussie shores… </blockquote>

• jtdwab

04 February, 2021 - 8:55 pm

<p>With more details of Apple’s VR/AR glasses coming out, have you heard if Microsoft has a Hololens 3.0 in the works?</p>

• davejramos

04 February, 2021 - 9:20 pm

<p>Hi Brad, dave here</p><p><br></p><p>XSS memory question.</p><p><br></p><p>Do u have you any take/explanation of XSS memory being a limiting factor for gen9 gaming?</p><p><br></p><p>In an article by <span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">wccftech this</span> past week, a Riftbreaker dev mentions it "<span style="color: rgb(85, 85, 85);">doesn't look like it will require that much work to be running well at 1080p on the XSS.</span>" which is awesome. But then the developer goes on to say "t<span style="color: rgb(85, 85, 85);">he amount of available memory is a determining factor in a lot of cases when we talk about the size of a game world or about how many things can be happening within it at any given time.</span>"</p><p><br></p><p>Previous to the Riftbreaker dev opinion, i would have imagined the amount&amp;speed of the XSS memory (and VA) would NOT have been a limiting factor when targeting 1080p.</p><p><br></p><p>Have you asked around for an explanation of the dev's two seemingly contradicting opinions?</p><p><br></p><p>Thanks and sorry so long!</p>

• Pulagatha

04 February, 2021 - 11:17 pm

<p>Microsoft is planning a special event for Windows sometime in Feburary, I think. Is it possible we could see preview builds around the same time with some of Sun Valley in it?</p>

• jlv632

05 February, 2021 - 1:01 am

<p>Hey BS… </p><p><br></p><p>I think on your show last fortnight you made mention you saw the next iteration of the "Surface Connect" port and my reaction was WTF? Microsoft build another proprietary port? </p><p><br></p><p>Surely with basic USB-C (with Power delivery) on Surface Pro 7/Laptop 3 onwards, USB-C is the way forward and once USB Thunderbolt 4 gets mass adoption… Surface Connect will just die in the background, even in the enterprise? </p><p><br></p><p>I don't get the play here and was stunned Surface Dock 2 had a Surface connector on the end. What am I missing? </p><p><br></p><p><br></p>

• mrpki

05 February, 2021 - 8:12 am

<p>I think you need a gaming question this week: Are you a Halo Infinite insider and helping them test the beta releases so it does not turn into a Cyberpunk 2077 release?</p>

• vladimir

Premium Member
      06 February, 2021 - 4:28 pm

<blockquote><em><a href="#611830">In reply to MrPKI:</a></em></blockquote><p><br></p><p>Cyberpunk is a technical disaster on PS4 and xbox but it’s a great game. Stadia and PC versions are both amazing. I wish Halo Infinite accomplishes that</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC