Questions for 2/8?

Drop them here!

Conversation 9 comments

• DrWatashi

08 February, 2018 - 5:27 pm

<p>What's Microsoft planning with My People? It was a major feature in FCU, but it's not getting any love, it seems. WhatsApp/FBMessenger/MSTeams/Yammer/other apps hooking in would be a major boost for this feature (which has a lot of potential).</p>

• mjyocca

08 February, 2018 - 11:04 pm

<p>As a web based developer and fan of MSFT, the Progressive Web App initiative is a win-win. Last build when they announced Fluent design for the platform, they also mentioned a version for the web. However I believe(correct me if I'm wrong) its restricted to MSFT internally and partners. Have you heard anything new on this front? Google already has V1 of Material design and announced a V2. Seems like a lost opportunity to attract web developers and appease fans who love Fluent design. </p>

• Usman

Premium Member
      09 February, 2018 - 3:32 am

<blockquote><a href="#244437"><em>In reply to mjyocca:</em></a></blockquote><p>There was a point where the getmwf had examples of fluent on web, but now they're gone. A year later and still no sign of fluent design as design framework.</p><p><br></p><p>As dalyIsaac said, there is office fabric, which is being used in nearly all of microsoft's productivity offerings (Office 365, Onedrive, new Outlook.com mail and calender beta, VSTS, Dynamics at some point) however there is a license clause in there that says the "fabric assets" can only be in office integration products, some believe it means the Segoe UI font and the png icons, where as some say it's the entire css framework. The github issue post isn't clear on it either. </p><p><br></p><p>IMO i believe it means the former.</p>

• Usman

Premium Member
    09 February, 2018 - 3:34 am

<p>Any word on Hololens v2/3 this year or is that 2019 target due to relying on the development timescales with WinCore OS?</p>

• hrlngrv

Premium Member
    09 February, 2018 - 3:35 am

<p>You or Paul have posted pictures of your daughter using your Surface Studio, but what does she usually use? Do your local public schools use Chromebooks? If so, how do you feel about that?</p>

• Mary Jo Foley

Premium Member
    09 February, 2018 - 9:48 am

<p>Are you taking any art classes soon? (Asking for a pig)</p>

• Brandonlpierce

Premium Member
    09 February, 2018 - 9:57 am

<p>Last minute entry!</p><p><br></p><p>Currently I cast from my Moto G to a Vizio soundbar and I need to get new pc speakers. Any advice on the best way to cast to both simultaneously?</p><p><br></p><p>Thanks.</p>

• Detective Polarphant

09 February, 2018 - 10:20 am

<p>Do WPA's scale well since they use the browser's scaling ? If they do they would be perfect for smaller mobile devices…</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC