Questions for 3/23?

Questions for the show? Drop them here.

Conversation 10 comments

• T182

22 March, 2018 - 5:19 pm

<p>Brad, sometimes I see you post on Thurrott, and other times on Petri. What determines where you post an article?</p>

• Dan1986ist

Premium Member
    22 March, 2018 - 5:23 pm

<p>Why hasn't Microsoft themselves posted anything about Edge being available on Android tablets ? Any reason for the radio silence on that note? The iPad release of Edge got a mention via Twitter, yet this nary a mention. </p>

• karlinhigh

Premium Member
    22 March, 2018 - 6:02 pm

<p>We get customers with tech support scams almost every week. Near as I can tell, this mostly comes from malvertising. What are the chances that Microsoft could prevent this, by teaching Edge to recognize and block attempts to put up messages saying things like TROJAN VIRUS ATTACK! DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER! CALL MICROSOFT HELP SUPPORT 888-555-1234!</p>

• hrlngrv

Premium Member
    22 March, 2018 - 7:21 pm

<p>Why aren't your request for questions and Paul's for <em>Ask Paul</em> automatically generated every Wednesday?</p><p>Paul is pretty clear about S mode being an ideal future for Windows. From your perspective, how does MSFT make S mode the common form of <span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">Windows </span>without losing its enterprise customers which believe they need to use complex software which may never be available in the MSFT Store? Is Windows headed for separate leisure and work versions again like in the late 1990s? Or is MSFT beginning a long transition to run all complex software on servers?</p>

• rob_segal

Premium Member
    22 March, 2018 - 9:53 pm

<p>What do you see as being the future of IE? Will it survive after Windows 8.1 is out of support?</p>

• hrlngrv

Premium Member
      22 March, 2018 - 10:45 pm

<p><a href="#255643"><em>In reply to rob_segal:</em></a></p><p>Who uses IE11 unless they need it in backwards-compatible mode to handle intranets built more than a decade ago?</p>

• karlinhigh

Premium Member
        23 March, 2018 - 8:47 am

<blockquote><a href="#255656"><em>In reply to hrlngrv:</em></a><em> Who uses IE11</em></blockquote><p>I have encountered various government agency websites still don't work properly with anything but Internet Explorer.</p>

• Ishevrin

Premium Member
    23 March, 2018 - 9:03 am

<p>I am using Windows 10 mail and I am having a major problem it seems when I send emails some of them end up in the draft folder and never get sent. I have had customers who I thought I answered thinking I have not gotten back to them. </p>

• Lewk

Premium Member
    23 March, 2018 - 10:03 am

<p>I have a custom built PC I built myself. It has a Skylake CPU that is listed under the Microsoft Patch for Spector/Meltdown. But my Motherboard Brand hasn't released a BIOS update for my chipset in over a year and a half. Do I gamble and apply the patch Microsoft has manually? Or do I wait for Microsoft to release these patches in the Windows Update Automatically? Will they even release them via Windows Update Automatically in the future?</p>

• redstar92

23 March, 2018 - 10:20 am

<p>It seems to be a pretty slow time for Microsoft last couple of weeks. Other than MS Build news are you sitting on any fun stuff that you will publish in next few weeks? :)</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC