Questions for 4/19?

Drop them here.

Conversation 13 comments

• razif

18 April, 2019 - 5:31 pm

<p>Will Microsoft make Windows Cores OS still available this year? Hololens 2 simulator does not work on WCOS, what will happen to this project?</p>

• razif

18 April, 2019 - 5:33 pm

<p>Will Microsoft Edge be available on linux ?</p>

• simont

Premium Member
    18 April, 2019 - 5:39 pm

<p>Do you watch e-sports (PUBG) or is your sports viewing mainly Golf?</p>

• MrPKI

18 April, 2019 - 6:09 pm

<p>Do you think the standard XBox One S will quickly drop in price with the new digital only version now coming to market?</p>

• rojorojo

18 April, 2019 - 7:10 pm

<p>Why is Xbox confident they can stay ahead of Sony in specs for the next console generation?</p>

• gamezone

18 April, 2019 - 7:33 pm

<p>Have you heard anything more about Microsoft's attempt to enter PC gaming other than the previous leaks? Why would publishers with their own PC launchers agree to this? </p>

• hrlngrv

Premium Member
    18 April, 2019 - 7:43 pm

<p>With all the tech gadgets you've let your kid use, what are you and your wife going to do when her school gives her a Chromebook?</p>

• jlv632

18 April, 2019 - 9:31 pm

<p>Hi Brad,</p><p><br></p><p>With Microsoft winding up the Books with refunds for all, how could you see them winding up "Movies and TV"? Surely refunds and the average price of a movie wouldn't be possible and I read online that "Movies Anywhere" would/could be an option. However that only serves Movies and not TV and only sorts out North America. </p><p><br></p><p>Any ideas or clues or can you see Microsoft running this division as/at a loss to boost up Xbox as a media center?</p>

• Matt Kelly

18 April, 2019 - 10:11 pm

<p>Hi Brad. Have you or Paul played with Windows 10 activation lately? EVERY Windows 7 or 8 OEM, embedded or retail key I have every tried [over 100 in last 6 months] has activated for a clean install on the same machine. I've also tested OEM keys from DIFFERENT manufacturers on separate PCs and those activate too. I can also confirm that in place upgrades from Win 7 PCs [that are CLEAN, never running Windows 10] also work from the media creation tool [did 3 using HP OEM keys last Monday]. I wonder if this loophole will close when Windows 7 support actually ends?</p>

• jficara

19 April, 2019 - 12:53 am

<p>Do you think the optical drive they excluded from the Xbox one all digital edition actually cost Microsoft $50 or are they taking a bigger hit somehow when the actual retail sale prices come out, which as you’d say will be $50, lower than the msrp as compared to the other Xbox editions.</p>

• Rick

19 April, 2019 - 12:58 am

<p>Do you expect any surface devices with thunderbolt 3 this year? </p>

• yoshi

Premium Member
    19 April, 2019 - 8:45 am

<p>Maybe I'm just a pessimist, but the launch of the All Digital Xbox has me concerned about the launch of the next gen consoles. With the odd pricing at $249 it almost feels as if Microsoft still doesn't get it. I just don't understand how nobody thought 'hey this is too close to the regular S pricing'.</p><p><br></p><p>I guess my question is, does this raise some concerns for you as well? Or should we all feel confident with Microsoft for next gen?</p>

• wolters

Premium Member
    19 April, 2019 - 8:59 am

<p>I'm enjoying Paul's series on the new Microsoft Edge. A lot of attention has been paid to the fact there are a ton of Google Services stripped and that this is great for people who just want to use their Microsoft Account. How does this work in a mobile world? On an Android phone, you pretty much need a lot of Google Services to have a great, synced experience. iPhone is a little different in this matter but you truly can't have a fully synced Microsoft experience with out a moderate use of Google and a little bit of Apple. What do you think Microsoft's strategy will be when it comes to a more complete mobile experience? Is this where Microsoft Launcher comes into major play along with Edge syncing to mobile? </p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC