Questions for 5/29?

Drop them here.

Conversation 12 comments

• drvaudreuil

28 May, 2020 - 1:17 pm

<p>Hi Brad, When the heck are we going to see Project xCloud for PC? thanks!</p>

• psychoker

28 May, 2020 - 6:15 pm

<p>Hey Brad hope you are good, so i have a few questions as always for the best podcast of the week :</p><p><br></p><p>1. I have a ZTE Axon M a dual screen phone and i love it, and my question is do you know if the Duo will be able to mirror the screen. So that you have the same stuff on each screen, for example put the phone in "tent mode" and watch youtube on each side. </p><p><br></p><p>2. When will the Surface Travel Dongle be release, and will it come to Europe</p><p><br></p><p>3.Do you know something new about the password manger from MS</p><p><br></p><p>4.I am in the beta for xCloud, but i cant use it because its not available in Luxembourg, i am in the german beta, so i understand that i can use it because other country but why cant i use the local xcloud with my One X, when i check for stream testing i get all green check marks but i cant connect with my phone and i tried it also with a Pixel 4 doesnt work either. It doesnt work on WiFi or mobile data. I just get the error cant connect thats it. </p><p><br></p><p>5. And for the last one, some times i cant stream my One X to my PC wiht the companion app, my Pc is hard wired and my Xbox so they are in the same network. I tried the beta version but doesnt work. And i couldn find something online. </p><p><br></p><p>Thank you so much and have nice day ✌️</p>

• ngc224

28 May, 2020 - 6:48 pm

<p>Windows Central has said we will hear more about Surface Duo next week. What are you hearing?</p>

• tdemerse

28 May, 2020 - 8:37 pm

<p>Any idea when CrEdge will come to Xbox? The current edge browser is very poor, especially when it comes to sites with media. </p>

• jtdwab

28 May, 2020 - 9:00 pm

<p>What is your best guess for when Lockhart (Series S) will be announced, this summer along with the main Series X reveal, late fall or early next year after the holiday's?</p>

• brothernod

Premium Member
    28 May, 2020 - 9:22 pm

<p>Has the lack of in person events made it harder to get scoops?</p><p><br></p><p>What’s your next major home project?</p>

• derylmccarty

Premium Member
    28 May, 2020 - 9:54 pm

<p>As I recall you got an SB3 a week or two early. Are you going to be doing a review, or is Paul? Or did I just miss it? My SB2 was getting long in the tooth, so I did receive my SB3 early last week, and it is definitely cooler (literally, and perhaps even figuratively). The SB2 would be very warm under the windows logo on the back side of the tablet. The SB3 not so much, only a bit warm. But the 127amp "comes with it" charger is downright toasty, and all the time except when the SB3 is off for the night. I have a Dock 2 on order, but if it is going to get as warm, then it is a bit of a risk for the ancillary Type Cs, the cat 5 cable connect, and HDMI and associated chip sets.</p>

• madthinus

Premium Member
    29 May, 2020 - 2:48 am

<p>So I got the codenames wrong last week. Is lockheart still a thing? Any clear picture of where it is being pitched to sit in the ecosystem? </p><p><br></p><p>My concern is that the Unreal 5 demo only ran at 30 fps and at 1440p and that is on PS5 with full power. So does a cut down XBox Series X makes sense then? Even for 1080p?</p>

• Andres

29 May, 2020 - 5:53 am

<p>Hi Brad: Let me thank you in advanced for your great work. I really enjoy and appreciate your Q&amp;A section</p><p>1: You talked about the possibility of getting Windows 10X preview builds around Build, but nobody mentioned 10X at all and everything went quiet ever since.</p><p><br></p><p><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">Now</span> I've seen John Wink (working Microsoft on 10X) posting about "<span style="background-color: rgb(21, 32, 43); color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Testing in production. Fun times. :-)"</span></p><p><br></p><p><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">What's your take on all on this? Any update, timeframe, scoop or hunch regarding Windows 10X preview builds?</span></p><p><br></p><p><br></p>

• re1zer

29 May, 2020 - 9:03 am

<p>Hi Brad. Have they started producing Xbox Series X? And when do you think Microsoft will start selling Xbox Series X?</p>

• mrpki

29 May, 2020 - 10:12 am

<p>Let's see if I can be the first question this week! Are consumers still using Skype versus Zoom? Why does Microsoft just not offer a consumer version of Teams?</p>

• silenthero117

Premium Member
    29 May, 2020 - 2:08 pm

<p>What's happening with the Surface Studio? I'm in the market to replace my HP TouchSmart PC (got this before Windows 8 came out) and I've shopped around for a new model. I like the HP Envy 32, but no touchscreen == no buy. Dell and Lenovo were offering anything impressive and then I looked up Surface Studio. I just don't understand the logic for pricing these units out of reach for most consumers especially with aging components. With the attention they're giving to consumers with Microsoft 365 and "reinvesting" Windows, are there any rumors or plans on updating the Surface Studios with "normal" consumers in mind, meaning lower price brackets? If you compare it to the iMacs, which has way better specs and much competitive pricing despite not having the touchscreen or zero gravity hinge. I've seen iMacs in people's homes, but not the Surface Studio (except for you!). Your thoughts?</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC