Questions for 6/17?

Drop them here.

Conversation 5 comments

• hastin

Premium Member
    16 June, 2022 - 2:40 pm

<p>Have you messed with the Steam Deck at all? I just got one and the compatibility of Proton to run current and past Windows games and applications is extremely impressive. Today’s games run pretty good, and legacy games from the 90s and 00s run great – and in a wild experiment – Proton had no issues running Word 2016 for me. Truly think there could be a future of running more than just games on Linux with Proton.</p><p><br></p><p><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">I initially thought I would blow out SteamOS and put Windows on it, but now I’m not so sure. </span>I know… finally "year of linux on the desktop" and all that – but it’s impressive.</p>

• Migui

16 June, 2022 - 2:41 pm

<p>Help me to understand… Why some companies continue to use internet explorer? Why it took so long to kill it definitely?</p>

• jnbck

16 June, 2022 - 4:40 pm

<p>NPR did a good story on this. In the US, there hasn’t been much for IE usage. A lot of foreign govt’s and public agencies have Microsoft-baked systems that require legacy IE, and they may not have the time or resources to update.</p>

• mrpki

16 June, 2022 - 6:33 pm

<p>HI Brad – it seems that in person conferences are starting to return for many companies, but Microsoft is mostly virtual. Do you think they are being more effective with the recorded streaming or should they have in person conferences again?</p>

• mrpki

16 June, 2022 - 8:32 pm

<p>Curious to hear your thoughts on why Halo Infinite was not mentioned at all with the all the Xbox game road maps?</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC