Questions for 6/26?

Drop them here.

Conversation 11 comments

• mrpki

25 June, 2020 - 12:58 pm

<p>For everyone's favorite ending question: Do you think Microsoft did not use Mixer for the virtual BUILD conference since they knew it was going to be shut down? and the follow up question: do you think that they will be able to restrict their high paid celebrities from not going back to Twitch?</p>

• scottkuhl

25 June, 2020 - 1:23 pm

<blockquote><a href="#549480"><em>In reply to MrPKI:</em></a><em> I don't know if this is the reason they didn't use Mixer, but my company blocks access to it as a game site. I assume other companies do the same.</em></blockquote><p><br></p>

• scottkuhl

25 June, 2020 - 1:24 pm

<p>Should we expect a Surface Laptop 4 with the newer Ryzen 4000 series chips this year?</p>

• rubbb3rduck

25 June, 2020 - 3:29 pm

<p>On Win10 is there anything known about the "gaming apps"? There is the new Xbox app, the Xbox companion app, there's probably an xcloud app coming, there's the microsoft store and there's maybe a new store app coming. Are they going to keep these app separated or will there be One To Rule Them All? What would be awesome too, would be if they created an app that groups all the games of all the launchers…</p>

• brothernod

Premium Member
    25 June, 2020 - 7:49 pm

<p>Do you see any world where Microsoft pays Apple and gets iMessage support on windows for Microsoft 365 customers in Your Phone?</p><p><br></p><p>Last rumor I recall pegged Lockhart at 4 TFlops to the X1X’s 6 TFlops. But I thought at some point you said that the new hardware might have efficiencies that allow it to perform better than the TFlops might indicate. Is it possible Lockhart real world game performance will be close to X1X?</p>

• Kudupa

25 June, 2020 - 8:37 pm

<p>Brad, I 4 questions and I'm sorry about this…</p><p><br></p><p>1) Any idea on how's Windows on Arm project going? It feels like Microsoft is flailing around while Apple running with hard set goals.</p><p>2) Why can't Microsoft design their own custom chips instead of relying on Intel/AMD or Qualcomm for chipsets like QS-1 or whatever?</p><p>3) With Apple introducing Macs running on ARM, will their monopolistic behavior increase?</p><p>4) Why companies not making good Windows Hello Cameras which don't cost $270 or more?</p>

• kitron

26 June, 2020 - 2:26 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#549638">In reply to Kudupa:</a></em></blockquote><p>I think Qualcomm's SQ1 is quite a capable SOC using the Kyro 495 CPU but it is still about 40-50% slower than what Apple is using in the iPad Pro.</p><p><br></p><p>I am hoping for a SQ2 with a Kyro 585. That would boost performance by about 25-30% over current generation. Microsoft needs to stick with ARM not give up like they did when RT was launched.</p><p><br></p><p><br></p>

• ngc224

25 June, 2020 - 11:24 pm

<p>Any Duo news?</p>

• deltaprime

26 June, 2020 - 12:30 am

<p>I have an Xbox library that goes from Halo CE on the original Xbox to around 2015 on Xbox One when I switched over to PC gaming so my interest in the next gen Xbox's is mostly in how they will handle old games. Do you know if Lockhart is expected to give the same experience in backwards compatible games as the Series X or not?</p>

• Pulagatha

26 June, 2020 - 1:32 am

<p>Is it possible that CShell changes the taskbar as well as the Start Menu?</p>

• tripleplayed

26 June, 2020 - 1:47 am

<p>Any idea what the "Edinburgh" codename is in relation to Xbox? Shows up in the latest Xbox Dev Kit and Xbox OS code leaks. </p><p><br></p><p>twitter.com/bllyhlbrt/status/1276124300341370881</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC