Questions for 7 2?

Drop them here.

Conversation 18 comments

• alishah

01 July, 2021 - 1:21 pm

<p>What headset would you recommend for the Xbox Series X for the average consumer?</p><p><br></p><p>Considering the new Xbox wireless headset</p>

• rubbb3rduck

01 July, 2021 - 1:27 pm

<p>Hi Brad, is win11 dev channel stable enough to run games? Or should I wait for a beta release to install on my main machine? </p>

• jnbck

01 July, 2021 - 3:38 pm

<p>I’ve been running Win 11 Dev most of this week and have had no issues playing XBOX games or Fortnite. Also I use it to VPN into work, but then all work is done via RDP on a remote machine. So far it has been very stable.</p>

• Tourniquet

01 July, 2021 - 1:33 pm

<p>Hey Brad,</p><p><br></p><p>I know the Amazon Android App Store is going to be integrated into the Microsoft Store, but will developers also have the ability to upload their own APK directly to the Microsoft Store similarly as it was planned with Astoria way back in the day?</p>

• dremy1011

Premium Member
    01 July, 2021 - 2:42 pm

<p>Hi Brad,</p><p>Paul provides a steady update of what he uses, but as an iPhone and Windows user, I’m curious how you have everything setup. How do you store your photos (iCloud vs OneDrive), store files and do you synchronize any data between your phone and desktop with iTunes? Any apps that you use? Just a couple of items I thought of to kick off things off.</p>

• mrpki

01 July, 2021 - 2:54 pm

<p>It is almost impossible to be the last question any more, but I will still throw out a hard question: If there is very low chance that we will have access to new XBox Series X consoles, will we potentially see games not launched or held because they are not enough consoles to even play these new high end games?</p>

• ngc224

01 July, 2021 - 3:47 pm

<p>Because Panos failed to meet yet another deadline on June 24th, any chance we’ll see new hardware <strong>before </strong>October?</p><p><br></p>

• anoldamigauser

Premium Member
    01 July, 2021 - 4:37 pm

<p>Considering that the Surface Duo is not a phone, as per Microsoft, what do you think the chance is that there will be a version of the Duo released with Windows 11 for ARM? Personally, I would be intrigued by such a device as an ultra portable computer, and I have no particular desire to feed the Google.</p><p><br></p><p>Considering that the engineering for the Surface Neo was pretty much done more than a year ago, will the processor meet the minimum requirements for Windows 11? What chance do you give that device of ever seeing the light of day, based on aging specs and the dubious success of the Duo?</p>

• lenalfred

01 July, 2021 - 4:38 pm

<p>pronounced (Len-Al-fred) You are putting the em-PHAS-is on the wrong Syl-LAB-Le. You are still the man, even after you butchered my name last week ?</p><p><br></p><p> Anyway, any word on the Surface Book 4 yet? </p>

• will

Premium Member
      01 July, 2021 - 5:57 pm

<p>I think Brad mentioned there will be something new in the fall, think Surface Laptop Pro as a possible new replacement for the book.</p>

• will

Premium Member
    01 July, 2021 - 6:01 pm

<p>Do you know if there will be another Windows 11 event in the coming months but be geared toward business users? Right now as far as I know Microsoft has not said much about what the business reasons would be to move to Windows 11 vs Windows 10. There are a lot of questions in this area and I really hope they talk about the business side soon.</p>

• martinusv2

Premium Member
    01 July, 2021 - 9:48 pm

<p>Hello Brad, I was on Game Pass PC and I bought Fallout 4 with all the DLCs. When I heard that I could play from the cloud, I switched to Game Pass Ultimate, I thought I could play my PC Fallout 4 from the cloud. But from what I can see, the xBox cloud Fallout 4 is not the same as the PC one. Do you know why? Should I go back to Game Pass PC if I don’t have an xBox?</p>

• jficara

01 July, 2021 - 10:23 pm

<p>Hi Brad,</p><p><br></p><p>Thank you and Paul for all the great coverage of Windows 11! </p><p><br></p><p>What do you think Microsoft has to do to get the Windows 11 narrative back to a more positive vibe. Seems like the fumble here on hardware requirements and compatibility is dominating the press and Windows 11 mindshare. Do you think this was as damaging as the XBox One fumble when it launched?</p><p><br></p><p>Thanks</p><p><br></p><p>Joe Ficara</p>

• rocksolid505

02 July, 2021 - 4:20 am

<p><br></p>

• rocksolid505

02 July, 2021 - 4:33 am

<p>Hi brad sams i hope you are doing well this is my first time posting a question to you.my question is in recent report analysit says mobile games make more money than pc and console can you give a idea how much they make in terms of net profit and if its more profitable then do you think every big and small studio will start to make mobile games or games that are scaled across mobile and pc.</p>

• shark47

02 July, 2021 - 7:32 am

<p>I’m curious if you’re seeing any performance improvements with Windows 11. There was a discussion on Twitter about how it is much faster on ARM devices especially.</p>

• wbaggerly

Premium Member
    02 July, 2021 - 9:07 am

<p>(Call me Wes)</p><p><br></p><p>Hi Brad, </p><p><br></p><p>I hope you are having a fantastic Friday. I’m curious to know what Android Apps you are most excited about testing once the option/store becomes available for Windows 11.</p><p><br></p><p>Have a wonderful Independence Day Holiday.</p><p><br></p><p>Thanks,</p><p>Wes</p>

• marshalltm

Premium Member
    02 July, 2021 - 9:35 am

<p>Google announced they were moving away from the APK format this week. This further separates Google Android apps from AOSP Android apps? Do you think Microsoft and Amazon combined will be able to produce a large enough market for AOSP apps as a separate app ecosystem, or is Microsoft arriving just as the party is ending?</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC