Questions for 7/27

Drop them here!

Conversation 5 comments

• MrPKI

26 July, 2018 - 4:02 pm

<p>What changes can we expect to see in Redstone 5 of Windows 10 since the focus is now all about the Azure Cloud?</p>

• adamcorbally

26 July, 2018 - 4:38 pm

<p>Facebook is often spoken about as being on a par/ just beneath MS, apple, google and amazon. I just don’t buy that despite the stock price and market cap. Many of my friends have started to move away from the service and I can’t see younger people jumping on it in the same way. Could Facebook be the first major tech company to burst in a dramatic way?</p>

• hrlngrv

Premium Member
      26 July, 2018 - 6:31 pm

<blockquote><em><a href="#295983">In reply to adamcorbally:</a></em></blockquote><p>Hasn't Facebook's stock price/market cap just adjusted downward rather significantly?</p>

• Maktaba

27 July, 2018 - 5:29 am

<p>Pronounced “muck-tub-a”</p><p><br></p><p>Is it true laptops with touchscreen use more battery power than non-touchscreen ones?</p>

• wright_is

Premium Member
      27 July, 2018 - 11:40 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#296036">In reply to Maktaba:</a></em></blockquote><p>Yes, which is why you shouldn't use a smartphone with a touchscreen! :-D</p><p>The touch does need some power, but compared to the rest of the components, including the display itself, it is fairly negligable.</p><p>It is the same with RAM, the more you have, the more power it needs, or processor speed, which is heavily throttled when on battery etc.</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC