It’s Patch Tuesday, so Microsoft has issued new cumulative updates for all shipping versions of Windows 10.
As always, there are no new features, but there are a number of fixes, which naturally vary by version. Check Windows Update to see what’s waiting for you.
Here’s what’s new for Windows 10 version 1607:
December 13, 2016 — KB3206632 (OS Build 14393.576)
Improvements and fixes
This security update includes these additional improvements and fixes. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
- Improved reliability of Security Support Provider Interface.
- Addressed a service crash in CDPSVC that in some situations could lead to the machine not being able to acquire an IP address.
- Addressed issue where a Catalog-signed module installation does not work on Nano Server.
- Addressed issue with Devices left with Hello on for an excessive amount of time will not go into power savings mode.
- Addressed issue with gl_pointSize to not work properly when used with drawElements method in Internet Explorer 11.
- Addressed issue where Azure Active Directory-joined machines after upgrading to Windows 10 Version 1607 cannot sync with Exchange.
- Addressed additional issues with app compatibility, updated time zone information, Internet Explorer.
- Security updates to Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Uniscribe, Common Log File System Driver.