It’s Patch Tuesday, so Microsoft has issued new cumulative updates for all shipping versions of Windows 10.
As always, there are no new features, but there are a number of fixes, which naturally vary by version. Check Windows Update to see what’s waiting for you.
Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox
Sign up for our new free newsletter to get three time-saving tips each Friday — and get free copies of Paul Thurrott's Windows 11 and Windows 10 Field Guides (normally $9.99) as a special welcome gift!
"*" indicates required fields
Here’s what’s new for Windows 10 version 1607:
December 13, 2016 — KB3206632 (OS Build 14393.576)
Improvements and fixes
This security update includes these additional improvements and fixes. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
- Improved reliability of Security Support Provider Interface.
- Addressed a service crash in CDPSVC that in some situations could lead to the machine not being able to acquire an IP address.
- Addressed issue where a Catalog-signed module installation does not work on Nano Server.
- Addressed issue with Devices left with Hello on for an excessive amount of time will not go into power savings mode.
- Addressed issue with gl_pointSize to not work properly when used with drawElements method in Internet Explorer 11.
- Addressed issue where Azure Active Directory-joined machines after upgrading to Windows 10 Version 1607 cannot sync with Exchange.
- Addressed additional issues with app compatibility, updated time zone information, Internet Explorer.
- Security updates to Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Uniscribe, Common Log File System Driver.