Question for 9/17?

Drop them here!

Conversation 10 comments

• mrpki

16 September, 2021 - 1:45 pm

<p>How about this for an OMG ending question this week? Microsoft just hired Charlie Bell from Amazon and reorganized all of security under him. Do you think this is due to the wave of surprising vulnerabilities and exploits that are growing like SolarWinds, Exchange, Print Nightmare and now Wiz beating up Azure quite badly?</p>

• lindhartsen

Premium Member
    16 September, 2021 - 2:04 pm

<p>Paul and Mary Jo were asked about this on Windows Weekly, but curious about your take. What would be your general review of Windows 11 based on current Beta builds, and do you think normal, typical users should upgrade or should they wait until their machine is actively pushed by Microsoft to upgrade?</p>

• madthinus

Premium Member
    16 September, 2021 - 2:56 pm

<p>At what point do we expect to hear about Drives supporting DirectStorage in Windows 11? Or is this more a smoke and mirrors feature? </p>

• pastorwelker

16 September, 2021 - 3:59 pm

<p>Do you expect a "one more thing" moment at the Surface event next week?</p>

• jnbck

16 September, 2021 - 4:09 pm

<p>Do you think the IOS security scare this week will have any impact whatsoever on sales of the new apple devices?</p>

• crunchyfrog

16 September, 2021 - 5:01 pm

<p>I have a Surface Go 2 in new condition that I bought when it came out. It’s like new because it mainly sits in a padded case until I need it. Today I pull it out and it’s stuck in a well known boot loop and I have to ship it back.</p><p><br></p><p>Is it just me or do Surface devices just have a higher than normal failure rate? Rhetorically, will Microsoft ever take quality seriously with its hardware?</p>

• bschnatt

16 September, 2021 - 6:08 pm

<p>Congrats on your recent transition to StarDock. If StarDock wanted to advertise on FRD, would you take the money and run, or would you be prohibited from doing that?</p>

• ngc224

16 September, 2021 - 6:44 pm

<p>A little inside baseball, but can you say how long you’ve been under embargo for next week’s event?</p><p><br></p>

• gulshan059

16 September, 2021 - 7:30 pm

<p>Will Microsoft ever bring RCS support for Windows11/Your Phone/Android(SMS Organizer) </p>

• usman

Premium Member
    17 September, 2021 - 4:41 am

<p>What’s the likelihood of Neo-like devices coming to the market.</p><p><br></p><p>There are elements of the 10X touch keyboard such as the wonder bar etc in Windows 11, that would work well in a two-glass device.</p><p><br></p><p>At first, I believed the Neo form factor device would be underpowered, but after seeing the M1 chip performance, it seems like it’s in Apple’s court to deliver a device like that.</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC