Question for 9/24?

Questions for the podcast? Drop them here.

Conversation 14 comments

• mrpki

23 September, 2021 - 12:53 pm

<p>A fun one to end the week: Now that you are working on Start11, are you still getting formal briefings and embargoed information from Microsoft or are you only getting briefed from the stealth insiders?</p>

• davejramos

23 September, 2021 - 1:15 pm

<p>Hi Brad, Dave here!</p><p><br></p><p>Have you played Halo Previews and how is it on your LG C9! Bet it’s glorious at 120hz.</p><p><br></p><p>Also care to navigate the conundrum of (1) supporting Blizzard Devs who put a lot of work into Diablo 2: Resurrected vs (2) the moral hazard of supporting a company with such terrible allegations. </p><p><br></p><p>Thanks!</p><p>- Dave</p>

• helix2301

Premium Member
    23 September, 2021 - 2:00 pm

<p>Since your the surface guy 😉 my wife is really into art and drawing and I was debating getting her iPad with Pencil I know watching the surface event yesterday I see a lot people using the pens. My concern in the art area is thats Apple nitch and the app echo system so much richer on iPad. Would you stick with the ipad?</p>

• poder75

23 September, 2021 - 2:08 pm

<p>Windows 11 question. When I typically open a UNC path aka \\servername, I usually hit the Winkey and start to enter the UNC path and press enter. However in Windows 11 this is not working. I have to do windows key + R to get the run prompt then enter the UNC path there. This worked perfectly in windows 8 and 10, but does not work on windows 11. Any idea?</p>

• jay wolf

23 September, 2021 - 2:25 pm

<p>Hey Brad </p><p><br></p><p>Do you think there is any evidence to all the recent rumors surrounding another big purchase of game studio/publisher by Microsoft or is it more wishfull thinking ?</p><p><br></p><p><br></p>

• jnbck

23 September, 2021 - 2:43 pm

<p>Shopping for business/power laptops, what does Surface offer over other vendors? It seems that you pay quite a premium on a surface laptop.</p>

• ngc224

23 September, 2021 - 4:16 pm

<p>Any more Microsoft hardware announcements before the end of the year?</p>

• shark47

23 September, 2021 - 4:33 pm

<p>Kind of piggybacking on jnbck’s question – I’ve seen Core i7 devices for under $1,000 from other manufacturers, but the cheapest Core i7 Surface Laptop 4 model is $1,699 (it’s a similar story with the Surface Pro 8). I’m curious to hear your thoughts on how much the processor matters in these decisions. </p><p><br></p>

• will

Premium Member
    23 September, 2021 - 5:04 pm

<p>When life returns to normal, and we start to have events we can attend in person, will you still be traveling with Paul to the bigger Microsoft events? It was always a highlight to see you both in person at Ignite, as well as share a beer at the Thurrott.com party, and curious if that will continue?</p>

• bschnatt

23 September, 2021 - 6:20 pm

<p>Did you ever own / use a Windows Phone/Mobile device? If so, what did you love / hate about it?</p><p><br></p><p>Use an Amiga (or was that before your time)?</p><p><br></p>

• jlv632

23 September, 2021 - 8:18 pm

<p>Hi Brad,</p><p><br></p><p>Do you know if the Surface Pro 8 i5 Models are Fanless? I’ve owned 3 Fanless Pro’s and don’t understand why Microsoft made this choice… they Throttle too easily</p>

• jlv632

24 September, 2021 - 2:47 am

<p>ignore me. On the Windows Central Podcast, Daniel Rubino claims all the i3 to i7 models have fans</p>

• eeisner

Premium Member
    23 September, 2021 - 11:59 pm

<p>Brad – with the change in career are you still planning on getting review units from Microsoft? If not, any new Surface devices on your shopping list?</p><p><br></p><p>Have you hear anything about the Studio monitor? Has it gone the unfortunate way of the Neo (RIP)?</p>

• Shane

Premium Member
    24 September, 2021 - 6:28 am

<p>With your new move in career and the fact, we all know you as such.</p><p><br></p><p>Are going to write the odd post concerning what you are up to and how Windows 11 affects what you do and vis versa.</p><p><br></p><p>Would be interesting in hearing on your podcast or in writing about what you do as it is based around the new windows. Would give us a different side to it I think.</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC