Questions for 11/17

Questions for the show…or about Surface Book 2? Drop them here!

Conversation 11 comments

• MrPKI

16 November, 2017 - 1:59 pm

<p>The real question is what PC game(s) you have played on the SB2 and if the performance is adequate to move away from the desktop for competitive PC gaming? </p>

• littlejohnjt

Premium Member
    16 November, 2017 - 2:08 pm

<p>What type of battery life are you seeing?</p>

• Ignacy Sawicki

16 November, 2017 - 2:09 pm

<p>How much does it throttle when CPU only tasks are run for a long time?</p>

• Martin Howes

16 November, 2017 - 2:10 pm

<p>Is Surface Book 2 repairable? Which components (if any) could be replaced by a competent independent computer technician?</p>

• will

Premium Member
    16 November, 2017 - 3:30 pm

<p>With Microsoft sticking with the same Surface connector is the Surface dock now going to be a problem? It limits the display options to a single 4K 60hz and I believe the power the dock provides is only 90w. Does this limit what the new 15” Books can do? </p><p><br></p>

• tremblaymax

16 November, 2017 - 4:28 pm

<p>Running heavy games or video applications, did you experience battery draining even if you were plugged in with the 102W power adapter ? </p>

• jlv632

16 November, 2017 - 6:11 pm

<p>I can't get my partner to come around to Surface and she wants a HP Spectre x360 so the Dock we install will have USB- C. If I get a Surface Book 2 (13 inch), will I be okay powering 1 x 4K Display via USB C and adding a charger to power the Surface Book 2. I know it's a compromise but might make the investment if this would work. </p>

• hrlngrv

Premium Member
    17 November, 2017 - 1:43 am

<p>Paul's review of the Pixelbook included a bit about using it as a tablet, and that it was a bit bulky as a tablet. Which got me to wondering . . .</p><p>Are there any publicly available stats on 2-in-1 share of all PCs sold? Are people actually buying them (laptops which could be used as tablets) or do more people buy Surface Pros and comparable OEM machines with detachable keyboards (tablets which could be used as laptops)?</p>

• Tourniquet

17 November, 2017 - 9:26 am

<p>Hey Brad :)</p><p><br></p><p>Currently I'm looking for a good 'Workstation' on the go. It seems like the best option for that is the SB2 13'' Core i7 variant, but it's super expensive. The problem is I need something that's compatible with the Surface Dock. </p><p><br></p><p>You think a Surface Book v1 i7 with performance base, or Surface Pro 2017 would be good enough too? You think 16GB <span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">memory </span>is needed for VMs and stuff or is 8GB enough?</p>

• pecosbob04

17 November, 2017 - 10:25 am

<p>Any thoughts as to when a non premium subscriber will be able to read the comments on the 3 free premium article reads they are permitted each month?</p><p><br></p>

• thespecificocean

17 November, 2017 - 11:38 am

<ol><li>I assume the Microsoft set-top boxes/dongles are %100 dead?</li><li>Any news on the new Outlook desktop apps? https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017/10/outlook-for-desktop-will-be-redesigned-with-ideas-from-its-ios-app-soon/</li></ol&gt;

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC