Drop them here.

Conversation 20 comments

• T182

22 February, 2018 - 4:54 pm

<p>is Mehedi ever going to be on FRD?</p>

• Clarkb

Premium Member
    22 February, 2018 - 4:58 pm

<p>Hi Paul &amp; Brad, Do you have any concerns re OEM/device maker spyware and data tracking being built into 3rd party made speakers and digital assistants with Alexa/Siri/Google Assistant "built in"?</p><p><br></p><p>Similar to the Lenovo, Vizio, etc issues it seems these devices would be prime candidates for continuous listening and tracking of information including conversations, music being played, TV shows and movies being watched, etc.</p><p><br></p>

• woelfel

22 February, 2018 - 7:20 pm

<p>We know that right now Microsoft is focused on two things from a OS platform point of view, mobility for now (Andromeda, WIndows Core OS, Always Connected PCs and the rise of 5G) and for the future AI/QuantumComputing/Mixed Reality…but is there a section of technology that Microsoft is secretly working on that we don't know? It seems that Microsoft is always working in some other market that we don't know, like Health. I would look more into what Microsoft Research is doing but that doesn't always lead to products but now more than ever it seems that MSR is more aligned to do so. I'm patiently waiting for the next Future video from Microsoft.</p>

• kherm

Premium Member
    22 February, 2018 - 7:42 pm

<p>Hey Brad, I hope you can do some digging around for me… Why is Office 365 university not available in the Store? This just seems like typical Microsoft to me, going 90% of the way and refusing to deliver the last 10%. </p>

• jlv632

22 February, 2018 - 7:59 pm

<p><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: transparent;">Coming from Melbourne, Australia…</span>It looks like I might find myself in Washington (Seattle) sometime in June this year after a Vegas Weekend. Is making a 20 mile detour worth it (from Seattle) to see the Microsoft Redmond Visitors Centre? </p><p>I suspect I won't see much as a member of the public but have you ever been and will I see anything that I can't see in a Microsoft US store? </p>

• seapea

23 February, 2018 - 12:48 am

<blockquote><a href="#247911"><em>In reply to jlv632:</em></a></blockquote><p>another example of voting abuse. down-voting this question is childish and rude.</p><p><br></p><p>Redmond and Seattle might be close as the crow flies, but time wise – totally different matter. See if there is anything else in Redmond you would be interested in seeing/visiting as well.</p><p><br></p>

• Nic

Premium Member
      23 February, 2018 - 12:50 am

<blockquote><a href="#247911"><em>In reply to jlv632:</em></a></blockquote><p>I think your time may be better spent at the computer museum http://www.livingcomputers.org/</p&gt;

• jrthorne

Premium Member
    22 February, 2018 - 8:11 pm

<p>Is there any fix for Win 10 – Office 365 Word Outlook copy or cut and paste.</p><p>50% of the time is does not work.</p>

• MrPKI

22 February, 2018 - 9:37 pm

<blockquote><a href="#247914"><em>In reply to jrthorne:</em></a><em> How about Windows 10 with the native Outlook mail cut and paste???</em></blockquote><p><br></p>

• MrPKI

22 February, 2018 - 9:39 pm

<p>What surprises will we see at Build from the Azure cloud side?</p>

• jimchamplin

Premium Member
    23 February, 2018 - 12:03 am

<p>When is the 1803 development going to wind down? It seems like they're adding features pretty late into the cycle.</p>

• seapea

23 February, 2018 - 12:45 am

<blockquote><a href="#247942"><em>In reply to jimchamplin:</em></a></blockquote><p>my laptop still won't install post December Insider builds.</p><p><br></p>

• seapea

23 February, 2018 - 12:44 am

<p>Why can't we get the photo of <span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">Mehedi&nbsp; be one where he is smiling?</span></p><p><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">(and my question from last week about why the Windows installing user is not required to have a password still stands.)</span></p><p><br></p>

• MarkoSimo

23 February, 2018 - 1:43 am

<p>It is 2018. Why is Microsoft still making a 32-bit operating system? It basically doubles the number of the SKUs and prevents them from moving into 64-bit applications (for example, Microsoft still recommends using 32-bit Office on ALL platforms).</p>

• hrlngrv

Premium Member
    23 February, 2018 - 3:22 am

<p>Re always-on PCs: some carriers claim to have fully unlimited LTE data plans, but somehow I can't see any carrier allowing anyone to clone their full 1TB of OneDrive storage onto a local external drive over LTE. What do you figure <em>unlimited</em> will actually mean?</p>

• ponsaelius

23 February, 2018 - 6:50 am

<p>With no consumer ecosystem of services in Microsoft's portfolio is it fair to label Andromeda as "enterprise only" ?</p>

• DanStorm7

23 February, 2018 - 7:10 am

<p>Have you heard from anyone internally whether there are problems in Windows development at the moment? Right now there has been a statistically significant reduction of builds pushed out to the Fast Ring during RS4 compared to RS3 at the same stage in the cycle, and even now when they are supposed to be in code stabilisation mode and you'd expect cadence of the builds to increase, it seems they are struggling to find candidates to actually flight to people. There is a fair chunk of minor changes in RS4 though Timeline is really the only marquee feature, but it just feels Microsoft are struggling with RS4 for some reason.</p>

• Peter klobčič

23 February, 2018 - 9:19 am

<p>Can we expect a surface 3 replacement based on ARM?</p>

• akshay_sug

23 February, 2018 - 9:31 am

<p>Future of PWA's mass adoption and feature parity depends upon the fact that both apple and google embrace it fully. </p><p><br></p><p>My Question – </p><p><br></p><p>What would be the incentive for both apple and google to do so, since this cuts some revenue, exclusivity and usage of their store?</p><p><br></p><p>Why would user(ios/android) install a PWA when fully featured native app is already there, there by leading to a position where PWA's might not be fully featured equip ever?</p><p><br></p><p>Wont this hurt Microsoft's strategy of app gap?</p><p><br></p><p><br></p><p><br></p>

• Harrymyhre

Premium Member
    23 February, 2018 - 3:54 pm

<p>Cats vs dog</p><p><br></p><p>who is ahead?</p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC