Questions for 3/10 Podcast

Questions for the show? Drop them here.

Conversation 13 comments

• michaelmartinez

09 March, 2017 - 7:26 pm

<p>Will Microsoft show off Project Scorpio before E3? It seems the hype&nbsp;and&nbsp;media coverage&nbsp;should be concentrated in the content and AR/VR accessories.</p>

• c1c2c3c4c

09 March, 2017 - 7:45 pm

<p> do you think the Scorpio controllers will use an open standard to connect so they can do away with the hardware rec for support.</p>

• Kudupa

09 March, 2017 - 8:23 pm

<p>So, I have Lenovo stick 300 PC and i was having issues with it. To solve it, I clean installed windows 10 on it. I'm having sound driver issues since the fresh install. Everything works but the sound, can Brad or someone point me towards the right driver for it as the generic driver installed by Windows is completely useless. I would appreciate any help. </p><p>Thanks. </p>

• timedrifter

Premium Member
    09 March, 2017 - 9:05 pm

<p>When will I get my Surface Pro 5?</p>

• ryguy

Premium Member
      10 March, 2017 - 11:24 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#89605">In reply to timedrifter:</a></em></blockquote><p>Second this, starting to get antsy!</p>

• Bdsrev

10 March, 2017 - 2:52 am

<p>Hi Brad, I made a thread about this and I was wondering if you know anything about this issue https://www.thurrott.com/forums/microsoft/windows/thread/question-about-split-screen-on-windows-10-tablets</p><p><br></p><p>btw Sams report is great, it's not too long</p>

• Bdsrev

10 March, 2017 - 2:53 am

<p> Oh and another question: do you think Scorpio will have an SSD option or at least a hybrid SSD/disc drive? A lot of people are raving about the speed of the Nintendo Switch which is apparently due to it using an SSD</p>

• asdfasdf1

10 March, 2017 - 4:34 am

<p><span style="background-color: white;">My question is regarding your thoughts on android emulation on windows 10 cloud/windows 10&nbsp;on ARM for cellular pcs("surface phone"). Microsoft has been preparing to push UWP apps again, and for the unknown reasons canceled project astoria, but would they allow third party android emulators (which&nbsp;already exist&nbsp;for windows&nbsp;10)&nbsp;for cellular PCs (surface phone)&nbsp;running windows 10 on arm. I see this to be crucial to help bridge the app gap, while the platform gains users, because developers will not&nbsp;build apps for the platform with no users, meanwhile the platform would improve and the need for android apps would phase out, but would still allow anyone with a need for a legacy android app to access and use it on the "windows cellular pc"</span></p>

• Chris_Kez

Premium Member
      10 March, 2017 - 11:37 am

<blockquote><em><a href="#89653">In reply to asdfasdf1:</a></em></blockquote><p>I don't imagine Microsoft will doing anything to specifically hinder (or encourage) android emulation. I imagine they will be treated like any other existing Win32 app. That said, I'm not sure the current crop of emulation software will be well suited to act as a replacement for Project Astoria. For starters they would need to support multi-touch with minimal/no lag, and be able to correctly scale the interface to a wide range of device sizes. In my limited experience with existing Android emulators, they seem to be geared towards desktop users– either Android developers, or people who are looking to run Android games on their Windows desktop. In testing these on an 8" Windows tablet I found it to be a poor experience as a way to close the app gap. But maybe there's a development house out there who would be willing to really invest in making the ultimate emulator and charging for it. But then you're back to the issue of a small audience. </p>

• jlv632

10 March, 2017 - 7:37 am

<p>HI Brad,</p><p><br></p><p>I know that Microsoft on some things have been aggressive&nbsp;(Windows 10 free upgrades) but are Xbox known for this? This recent effort almost makes me want to disconnect my Xbox and run and buy a PS4 immediately… or at the&nbsp;very least.. let my gold lapse.&nbsp;</p><p><br></p><p>Recently, games have been showing up in my "Ready to Install list", however I don't own these game. Last week, NBA 2K17 popped up as it was free for a Weekend and just now on this Weekend (Australian time), "Steep" has popped up and I've been prompted for a 23GB download. To make matters worse now when I search Steep in store, it actually states that I can "Play it now…or pay to own it forever!'</p><p><br></p><p>http://www.pcmag.com/news/352279/ubisofts-steep-free-to-play-this-weekend</p><p><br></p><p>I have a 250GB a month data plan and I just can't afford for these A+ title to keep popping up and wanting to download every week. When Halo 5 pops up (and it will) ,&nbsp;I get a 94GB download…&nbsp; that's almost half my months allowance. </p><p><br></p><p>I can handle a small pop up like something trying to get me away from chrome but does this practice seem okay to you? Am I being too precious over this? I normally try and install everything on my Xbox and I hate having stuff that is "Ready to Install" but for content that I just don't own… my 2TB will fill very quickly and really….&nbsp;I never asked for this</p><p><br></p><p><br></p><p><br></p>

• inlocoabsentia

Premium Member
    10 March, 2017 - 9:52 am

<p>My firs Xbox, a new Xbox One S with Forza Horizon, is arriving today. Can you recommend a resource for getting started with Xbox?</p>

• RobbeB32

10 March, 2017 - 11:44 am

<p>Do you need an XBox Live subscription to play online multiplayer Store games on a Windows 10 PC? Since you do need this on XBox, right? </p>

Windows Intelligence In Your Inbox

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Thurrott © 2024 Thurrott LLC