Microsoft has released an update for PowerToys that bumps the release number to 0.19. The focus of this release was adding stability and quality fixes but there are a couple of minor updates as well.
If you aren’t familiar with PowerToys, it’s a free app from Microsoft that adds advanced functionality to the OS. Examples include being able to create new window snapping regions, remapping keys, and updated search tools.
The changelog is below:
- Big push for PowerToys Run search quality fixes
- PowerToys Run can now remap to any key shortcut (minus restricted ones such as WinKey+L)
- Improved FancyZones on Virtual Desktops and multi-thread design
- Installer after 0.19 will no longer restart Windows Explorer
- Fixed #2012 – Uninstalling with old control panel fails
- Fixed #3384 – PowerToys Settings window is empty
- Over 100 bug fixes!
What you will find useful with PowerToys is unique to your workflow but one helpful feature that I use is the key remapping. I have a dedicated key that is used for muting my mic when using Teams so that I don’t have to try and click the microphone icon before using my obnoxiously loud keyboard.
You can download the app here or run the update from inside the application if you already have it on your machine.